Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i just ordered one of these tools (see link below) and i was wondering if it was ok to just pop off the float bowls while its still on the bike and give all of the jets a few poke throughs in order to avoid another full teardown & soak . i was also thinking of doing the sea foam alternative seeing as how its currently still operable . if yes, is it ok to just poke through them or do i need to take them all the way out?

sidenote- the bike is rideable but you have to rev it up when leaving first in order to avoid a dead/stall spot that'll cut it off, if you leave a stop at 1100-1300 rpms. and it has alot of its top end but not all of it.

and also has anyone heard of a fuel cleaner/dissolvent thats stronger then seafoam or lucas, or should i just try a higher concentration of seafoam to fuel mixture

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clean-own-s...1558025772091895889&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm not real sure on any of this but I do have an idea. You could always go to a craft store or walmart and pick up some pipe cleaners. It's what most people use to clean AR's, at least my unit used to when I was active duty and they were a great tool to use for the carrier bolt. Anyways, they look like these and they have a thin wire in the middle so they're flexible like the bag ties that are on a loaf of bread.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Twisted-Critters-The-Pipe-Cleaner-Book-With-Pipe-Cleaners/16478302

Hope this helps. Also, I'm sure you can get them a ton cheaper than what this listing is for and I'd suggest getting them in white as it'll tell you when something is clean or if you need to keep scrubbing ya know. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
you know. I havent been on here very long but I have noticed on many times people talking seafoam. so its just some kind of fuel cleaner/additive??

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah. I add a half a bottle to an almost full tank every 500 miles or so. And if I'm not mistaken, Advanced Auto has it on sale right now.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Don't buy that over priced bullshit marked up to make more money. It is a "tip cleaning set" and can be found at any hardware store that has any kind of soldering or brazing, or welding section for like 3 bucks.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Yeah. I add a half a bottle to an almost full tank every 500 miles or so. And if I'm not mistaken, Advanced Auto has it on sale right now.
That is way too fucking much dude. You use 1 oz per gallon. Unless you are buying 8 oz bottles, you should be using less.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Hey DaDeemster, Where in Florida are ya?

·
Registered
548 Posts
That is way too fucking much dude. You use 1 oz per gallon. Unless you are buying 8 oz bottles, you should be using less.
I've only seen it in 16oz bottles. The instructions aren't very clear as to how much to put in per gallon of fuel unless I missed that somewhere but I knew the whole bottle couldn't be right so I eyed it. Thanks for the tip though, I'll do 1oz per gallon next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts