Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try it myself, there are videos and info everywhere. But my question is. A sonic clean, is it really that much better then me just tearing it down and cleaning?

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
The simple answer is yes. It will clean passages you simply cannot reach.
That being said, a lot of people don’t have access to one and will do it themselves. If you are organized, careful and meticulous, you will get good results.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never don't it before but seamed to be not that hard, plus all the vids. Ill try it myself and then last atempt will be with them..

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Make sure all passages are clear and do not use anything to clean jets or orafaces that will scratch/gouge them. If you are careful and organized (don’t mix parts up between carbs), you will be fine. Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shop said they would sonic clean it for me for 25bucks. So I'm gonna tear it out and drop it off to them....

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
That sounds pretty cheap. If they simply dropping it in the tank, cleaning and removing I guess that would be reasonable. Are they disassembling anything? Removing all the jets?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, they said if they break it down 100 bucks. But if I bring it in and just have them scrub it all down and drop in tank, only 25 bucks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I bought the bike needing to clean the carbs....well not knowing at first. Just got done cleaning them myself and this bike is a rocket ship now. To be honest I was afraid the bike was a dud. But new plugs, fuel lines, fuel filter, air filter and the bike really moves. Thanks for the encoragemnet to do it my self. Pretty easy when your all done

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Glad to hear you were successful! It is always a great sense of accomplishment to get it fixed up yourself. With patience and a manual, you can do most all maintenance and repairs yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts