Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a small nail in the back rubber jus between the tread..took the nail out and its all the way through and pisses out air...

is it possible to weld up that hole with some special compound glue?? (please no answers with fix-a-flat) i figured out that one already..that will not be safe

someone told me they can patch it up from the outside?
will it be safe enough for me to go out and tear up the streets again and bust out 120 on the highway?
.........jus curious, cuz dunlop rubber bands are eXpensive:eek:hno

·
Registered
990 Posts
As long as it is not near the edge of the tyre (tire) they can plug the puncture. Over in the UK they charge about 10 UKpounds

I've seen kits for sale on ebay as well which includes the plugs & insertion tools.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think a plug will be ok for around town. But for high speeds I don't recommend it. You can get a plug at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
990 Posts
bogie3 said:
I think a plug will be ok for around town. But for high speeds I don't recommend it. You can get a plug at any auto parts store.
I agree, look at the repair as a temporary fix & take it easy until you can afford a new tyre.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Around here in Texas, no "bike shop" will fix it.
Some gas stations will but thay take no responsibility.
You can do the same plug type as the station will with
a good kit.
Ive used fix-a-flat a few times but not with much luck.
I have even had fix-a-flat get hard, off balance the tire
(it was cheap stuff) and was a royal pain to clean out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks guys, i appreciate it alot...i got the wheel off now so i will jus have to wait a little bit and prolly jus buy a new tire..i think i will save the old tire since it only has 1800 miles on it and take it to a good tire shope like les schwab and have them patch it from the inside and jus keep it as a spare.

·
Registered
196 Posts
if you have the means to remove, mount and balance a tire yourself, only use this type of patch. I would trust this at any speed. just make sure that you buff the area the patch will contact then clean with contact spray, glue the p!ss out of it and make sure you get a good seal around the patch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts