Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is this piece of fairing with the "Star" on it?

Is that piece needed in order to have this piece:

The previous owner got rid of them, and im trying to find them, I do not like the way the exhaust pipe sticks out without the black heat shield cover there.

Heres my bike without them:

Thanks -

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thank you so much haha, I have been looking for a while now! I dont know how i missed those on ebay.

so that picture( the first one i posted) with that arrow that points to the piece of plastic, actually is spose to be connected to the side plastice piece that goes under the seat ?
mine doesnt have that :crazyloco

sorry, im just un familiar with this, cause i never had these pieces to begin with :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hmm

my pipe doesnt have that metal piece:/

so would i be alright just putting the rear pieces on an not put the side piece on?.. dont want to have to spend money that not needed.
cuz my right side plastic does not have that piece on the end for exhaust bracket mount, thats prob why they took it off :banghead

Nice exhaust :)

::I found a pic that doesnt have that piece on it,

I feel better now, thats how it will look :)
ordered the 2 rear pieces you linked me to.

thanks alot EZ!

IS that a full system?
or is the pipe(that the muffler is connecting into) stock?

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts
Not a full system. Bought the yoshimura from another member on the forums as well as the bike.
That's why I was joking about the previous owner messing around. he actually had some cool ideas but i didn't want the holes in the shields.
here's my build thread.
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r-forum/55658-ezs-build.html
Page 7 has the exhaust pics and probably looks like yours without the shields and shows that tab.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a full system. Bought the yoshimura from another member on the forums as well as the bike.
That's why I was joking about the previous owner messing around. he actually had some cool ideas but i didn't want the holes in the shields.
here's my build thread.
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r-forum/55658-ezs-build.html
Page 7 has the exhaust pics and probably looks like yours without the shields and shows that tab.
thats a sick bike.
very nice job

those pictures clear everything up.
makes sense.

trying to figures these things out haha, buying used is such a hassle :runaway

thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts