Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,350 Posts
Have you checked into insurance?
If it’s a 04/05 ZX10R, be careful.
Yeah, there's something special about these 1st gens. I paid cash for every bike I ever had, and only ever had liability insurance on them. I find it humorous that a few years ago when I bought Mrs. Bear the 2012 CBR1000RR, it's portion of the premium was higher than the 2005 ZX10R. A lot higher. Eventually it dropped down and was the same, and now it's lower. We are both insured for both bikes, no differentiation. No claims, no tickets, same riders, same policy, no changes except the bikes aging. Every bike I've put on that policy, the premium for it went down over time, but not my 10R. It was the first, it's been on there over a decade, and they still want the same money to insure it as they did the day I put it on...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If it’s a 04/05 ZX10R, be careful. That thing has some killer mid-range and is stupid light. No electronics. Swap gearing to -1/+1, proper tune, and a tank full of C9.

JBear said it best...a sneeze away from a dirt nap.

I love it.
[/QUOTE
Ohh okay luckily here we don't have older gen bikes people either scarp them or just stop using them if no one buys but im opting for either 2019 zx10r ,2015 zx10r and 2020 zx6r and have already paid the down payment on 6r till the lockdown ends i still have the time for it

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went for a zx6r as a first bike.. crashed it the second time I rode it. And I was barely doing 10 miles/h at the time..

Just a few broken fairing panels..but took a long time to get the bike back.

Rode a 200cc while I waited for my bike.. learned a lot more about riding on that than the scooter I had years ago.

Getting off a 200cc and onto zx6r made the ninja feel like is was extremely easy to ride..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah right. I knew it. Why are you even asking this question. IMHO it's not a good idea. You'll learn a lot more riding a 250 near its limits than on a big bike nowhere near them. Obviously you've already made up your mind and even put a deposit down. It doesn't matter what anyone says

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah right. I knew it. Why are you even asking this question. IMHO it's not a good idea. You'll learn a lot more riding a 250 near its limits than on a big bike nowhere near them. Obviously you've already made up your mind and even put a deposit down. It doesn't matter what anyone says
yup i already put a deposit on it and till the lockdown ends i have been riding and perfecting my skills on my friends 250 cc it will take a long time before i get the bike so i started using the 250 cc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't even think about starting on a 1000cc. The ZX6R, on the other hand could make a nice first bike. Be gentle with the throttle and keep it at low RPMs. It all comes down to self control.
You can always go to a shop and restrict the power of the bike.
Just keep in mind that you have to be at least 20 years old to be able to drive it in Germany.

·
Registered
19 Posts
600 is a good first bike. That's what I got for a first. It was a 1995 zx6e. Then got a 2001 zx6e (still have) and now also own a 1996 zx1100. The bigger the bike I feel like I have less control over it. Heavier and taller. One might think I've never rode before watching me take turns on the 1100 vs the 600.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts