Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a project that has me stumped. Im working on a chinese 50cc scooter and I am not getting any spark. here is what has been tested and changed so far. Stator R/R checked out good. CDI replaced, no shorts or opens in the wiring. Starter turns over fine and the plug and ignition coil is good. The only thing I can think of is the pickup coil as when I put an ohm meter on it, the value does not change from where the "fire bump" or tooth on the flywheel is to the flat spots. I assume that the pickup coil is supposed to be an open close type magnetically activated switch that completes the circuit to the CDI in order to assist in the charge/discharge operation of the ignition coil providing spark. Given that in writing this I believe it to be the pick up coil going bad.. Or is bad. Anyone else agree with this? Also there is not a side stand or center stand switch on this scooter.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I got it figured out. Checked the stator and I'm not getting any voltage to the CDI. Upon further investigation, I found some windings that got nicked and shorted out when I took it apart, so I need to get a new stator for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts