Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Im wondering if the 2000ish 4 pot calipers fit on the ZX9R mid nineties forks. The original spacing if i measured it correctly is 63mm and im almost certain that the newer tokicos and NIssins (used on Hondas as well) have the same bolt pattern. Can someone care to coment? First pics are from my forks and the original calipers (i think) and the last are from the later calipers that i'd like to fit coz they look better... Let me know your considerations please

My forks

The stock calipers (i think)

NIssin

or

Tokico

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do fit... May need a bit of filing/grinding on the fork top bracket as you can see on the pics, nothing complicated though. Needs a 1mm wall tube to compensate for the different bolts. These forks use 10mm bolts and the calipers use 8mm ones so the space needs to be filled with a 10/12mm long, 8mm ID and 10mm OD to fit the bolt through... Some forks are a bit different and if the axle bushings are different the caliper position can be corrected by adding washers in between the calipers and the fork brackets...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.