Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend at work had his 2006 636 stolen two weeks after buying it. he claims he had full coverage with state farm (specifically comprehensive for theft) but state farm failed to cover the claim and my friend has to pay for the remaining balance of the bike. according to my friend, the reason is that the state farm agent never actually saw the motorcycle to verify that the motorcycle existed in the first place and also to record the VIN from the motorcycle.

i phoned a state farm agent and according to him, this scenario (or event) would not happen and there must be more to the story and as long as i have comprehensive coverage, i am covered for theft even if the insurance company never sees my motorcycle.

this happened in the san diego area, chula vista to be exact.

does anyone have any knowledge/experience with this situation to chime in and give me some info?

much appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm in Washington state but I know my State Farm agent insists on seeing the bike and checks the vin #. Last 4 bikes I've bought I've basically driven them from the dealer to the insurance place then home.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Up here in Canada...

I deal with State Farm as well, and they wanted me to supply pics from all angles of the bike, including pics of the vin tags on the bike.

It's common place around here now that they have to see the vehicle and take pics of it (bikes or cars) for newer vehicles and policies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.