Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
I just pulled all that crap off my 96 model track bike. my brother a mechanic and put me on to running the vent hose to the airbox but i ran mine back to the top and seems to run fine so far
If you are looking to get your bike dyno tuned then I would not recommend running the vent hose to the airbox. My tuner was the one who called that out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey there i have a 96 zx6r and it was streetfightered when i bought it... it has a vaccum valve but no cannister... i drove the bike for a while and it was all good... recently the vent hose on the tank started dripping gas...so i pluged it... now its to the point where if i ride my bike... turn it off... and the gas comes out threw the cap when is full.

is there a vaccum line cloged? or is my cap on my tank frigged? whats the problem here?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
How are your bike running so far after removal of the EVAP system? I just got an 02 ZX-6R and have been giving the bike a good once over. I just removed the carburetor to give it a good cleaning and might just remove the EVAP system while I have everything out of the way. I'm not a huge fan of it and it takes up a lot of space. Is everything running smoothly still? What additional fittings/hoses did you have to get?

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
How are your bike running so far after removal of the EVAP system? I just got an 02 ZX-6R and have been giving the bike a good once over. I just removed the carburetor to give it a good cleaning and might just remove the EVAP system while I have everything out of the way. I'm not a huge fan of it and it takes up a lot of space...
I'm a little curious as to how it affects the ZX-6R as well.

49 state 9Rs are typically 10%-20% less fuel efficient in stock form. I'm wondering if that's due to the lack of the California emissions plumbing or perhaps other factors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a little curious as to how it affects the ZX-6R as well.

49 state 9Rs are typically 10%-20% less fuel efficient in stock form. I'm wondering if that's due to the lack of the California emissions plumbing or perhaps other factors.
Removing the EVAP system causes them to become less fuel efficient? Hmmm, I did not know that. In relation to how the stock 49 state model looks, does the above look exactly the same after removal of the EVAP system or does this self modification look different from the stock 49 state set up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need HELP!!!! I have read a TON of forums about the KLEEN air mod and the removal of the CA EVAP system. I removed the system on mine and did the KLEEN air mod where I run the crank case vent to the reed valves, and the 2 T connectors on the tops of the carbs(i think they are float bowl pressure valves) to the air box just like in the pictures above so that they are pressurized as well.

My question is.... What are the tubes that come off of each main intake tube(by main I mean the two that are connected to the air box. I think these were what the cab float bowls were pressurized from before. After these mods do I just simply plug the holes up? Please help me so I can finish this last step and put my bike back together in time to ride this weekend! Thanks guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's up guys. I just bought an 05 ZZR600. Bought it to ride for a while and flip. First thing I pulled the carborator off and gave her a good cleaning. Was already pretty descent in there. Only thing I could find wrong with the carbs is the T-fittings on the carb vent hoses are crushed, not making a clean seal to the carborator. Now the bike runs descent after I replaced the BS electric fuel pump they had wired in there. But the speedo won't go past 120mph. However she will redline in the rpms. It used to bogg out due to too much fuel, but since I replaced the pump now it just stays steady at 120mph. Could the carb vent hose not sealing cause this? If not any ideas? It's not restricted. Plugs are fine. Haven't checked ignition coil or vacume leaks. Would gutting out all this EPA bs void out the the vent hose and vacuum valve and or any vacuum leaks? Sorry about the essay just trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry for dragging up an old post, but can I do this on my 94 ZX-9R? I just bought the bike in PA, but for some reason it's a California model (I had no idea at time of purchase). Feel like the CA stuff is probably clogged up and causing the bike to not run well.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts