Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was thinking about that tiny 1" opening in the c model ram air, and i thought to myself why not make it bigger, then a second thought came into my head that said, if it was ment to be bigger, they would have made it bigger, then i came over this thread

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-11-forum/61612-93-zx11-air-intake.html

and in there one of the guys mentions something about doing a mod to the "c" model ram air. can the c model benafit from any kidn of tweaking to the ram air, or just leave it alone? and advice would be great if you have first hand experiance, but please im not looking for a preaching! i understand things are the way they are for good reasons!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Read the whole thread. In fact, this is the same thread as that one.

You wont need it, and you wont gain anything unless your motor is obscenely built.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks, i figured nothing could be to gain from it, i have alot of the same questions that i seem to find in threads but i can never really figure out an answer from them, like for instance i have been looking for the gas tank reserve switch because i think the guy i bought it fro might have left it on reserve. like for instance when im getting low on gas, both the fuel lights always blink at the same time, does that indeed mean it is switched to reserve? where is the reseve switch anyways?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
If you even have one, it will be a "dial" type of thing, usually on the left side of the bike.

Not hard to find. I would assume a bike built in 1990 has one.

·
Registered
682 Posts
on the c model the fuel petcock is behind the left/side panel. It is an on and off valve...no reserve. Both fuel warning lights flash when you are between 1.5 and 2.0 gal of fuel.It's annoying enough so there is no excuse for running out of gas. :)
also, the low fuel lights flash when the key is turned on .

·
Registered
562 Posts
Read the whole thread. In fact, this is the same thread as that one.

You wont need it, and you wont gain anything unless your motor is obscenely built.
i agree with Masta on this

as Steell mentioned.....Frank said

-Remove air screen.
-C - model - Ram-air needs to be opened up at least 1.5 sq. ins. at the front (2 sq. ins. would be ideal) with a minimum of 7.8 sq. ins. throughout the snorkel / airbox system.
-D - Model - Ram-air is just fine. but the tubes are limited to 6 sq. ins. There is still something to be had there. I would loose the screens though!

but as Masta said....i dont think this will make a difference unless its obscenely built

·
Registered
562 Posts
on the c model the fuel petcock is behind the left/side panel. It is an on and off valve...no reserve. Both fuel warning lights flash when you are between 1.5 and 2.0 gal of fuel.It's annoying enough so there is no excuse for running out of gas. :)
also, the low fuel lights flash when the key is turned on .
this is true

also Frank Hartung...that Steell already linked.....wrote "bend sensor and lights will remain off an extra 15-25 kms"

link to some other good mods by Frank

http://www.zx11.info/zx11/frank.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts