Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the reader's pics I've seen, only a few of you have installed a tank bag. I have a magnetic motofiz bag that won't work because of the plastic glove box and I'm afraid the magnets might scramble the KIPASS. What's working for you and what's not?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Can't speak for the plastic naff box, but magnets won't hurt the kipass system, it uses radio waves, and is based under the saddle in the ECU.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Check out Rapid Transit Tankbags they have a strap mount big narrow bag that fits well, has more cool pockets than a purse, and you have special places for hydration bag, I use a Camelbak "unbottle".

bag has hole for hydration hose with clips, and place for your mp3 player and hole for audio wires... I even mounted my garmin in the front pocket of the bag intended for eyewear... So it comes off with the bag... I haven't found the need for a hardmount to the bike with the gps using this bag... I'll post pictures if needed..

Hope this helps,

Jerry

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ian,

I read in the special addition to the shop manual from kawasaki its not the unit under the seat that is affected by magnets...more the FOB if its in a magnetic tankbag... I'll try to find it again and see if I can scan it in and post it

Jerry

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cheers Jerry, not sure what damage it could do, but i'm no expert. Wonder if they're just avoiding litigation by covering themselves against all eventualities, I mean according to the user guide you should not use the kipass if you've got a pacemaker. Picture this I start my bike, and 3 people have heart attacks as they stand near by, not a very likely scenario but one their lawyers have covered by putting it in the user guide!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts