Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2005 zx6r engine for my race bike next year. I am building the bike from scratch and the engine did not come with the key and associated hardward to use it in.
I have this bypassed on my sv650, just wondering how it is done on the 636.
Anyone done it yet? Thanks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
In Mechanical\Technical there are 05-06 manuals that you can download for the wiring diagrams.
The only problem is if you have an Immobilizer ECU. As I understand it you would need a non-immobilizer ECU.
gammac

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the manual (thanks to whomever posted it) and attempted to read the electrical section... i will admit that im not so good with that stuff and i am kinda looking for someone to hold my hand on this one. Going to try to get some help from a couple electrical guys i know but i don't have a ton of faith. On the SV650 it was as simple as bridging two wires, running two more to a switch, and soldering in a resister to the last two. Maybe i am being to optimistic in hoping that it could be that easy on this bike? *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have an immobilizer ignition on my '06 model with the red master key and 2 ordinary keys. As I understand it the key transmitter "talks" to the receiver and thence to the ECU. Wrong code = no go. Kaw. also state that if you loose the master key and want any replacement keys then its buy a new ECU and matching master key as they are not apparently reprogrammable.

If you have an ECU maybe the KAW dealer or the seller can identify which type it is or perhaps see if you can pick up one (ZX6RR - 600cc) that may not be an immobilizer type.
gammac

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, you scared me with the immobilizer! Was doing some reading of the service manual and it looks like only the Europe/Austrailia models come with an immobilizer. That would have been hell to bypass! Still trying to get some more information on just bypassing the ignition though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts