Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'll believe it when Kawasaki announces it. The ZZR14 is not the U.S. version. I believe this is what happened with the Busa. Discontinued worldwide, but not the U.S. yet.

Well I'd say now you can because that was Kawasaki's announcement at EICMA, which is what all MFR's do there. Awesome beyond words and about 5 times bigger than any IMS show here, but again it's for the world market so its basically everything available on the planet on display.

Kawi also now owns half (ok 49.9%) of Bimota for a clear reason. Bimota for its part has been doing this since '91 right up to today with the Duc based Tesi 2/3D's, so it's not that radical anymore. First units are targeted for sometime around summer 2020, but the question is if the US makes it onto the "nice" list. The other shoe to drop here is the US liability situation and if Kawi is OK taking the same risks as Bimota was... They have much more steak on the grill to loose if there's issues. TBD.

agreed on the emissions situation. The new Euro standards are now the most stringent for a large market in the world now. More so even than current 50 state/CARB U.S. standards so that means we may get some things that they can't overseas for a change, at least for a little while.

Also, here's a more recent Cycle World article with some good background info on the tesi for anyone interested:

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/bimota-tesi-and-supercharged-kawasaki-are-a-rad-combination/

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mah buddy tuned his H2 to ~250 and it threw the number three cylinder right out of it...lotsa full throttle and wailing on it yes but, none of us with 14Rs have had anything like this happen....You don't get something for nothing... the H2 engine is under more stress than a 14R, even stock.

·
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mah buddy tuned his H2 to ~250 and it threw the number three cylinder right out of it...lotsa full throttle and wailing on it yes but, none of us with 14Rs have had anything like this happen....You don't get something for nothing... the H2 engine is under more stress than a 14R, even stock.
The best I've seen with good A/F ratio on the H2 SX is 240 HP. It's 11:1 for God's sake. If you push anything too far they break. I have a friend that put holes in his pistons on his nitrous ZX14R also with bad A/F ratio, and he was also around 250 HP.

I don't see how an over tuned anything compares to stock bikes.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts