Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 07 6R. Now that it is broken in when i am between about 8,500 to 10,000 rpm i hear a buzzz sound coming from what seems the front left by the clutch side :tard . I have the warranty i just wanted to see if anyone else had this because the last "problem" i thought i had with the front brakes it ended up being normal for all the 6R's.
Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, I have the same problem at 9200rpm - no lower or higher.. I haven't been able to isolate it to the clutch though... But I am planning to bring it up at the dealer on Saturday - it's due for break in maint.

I bought an 07 6R. Now that it is broken in when i am between about 8,500 to 10,000 rpm i hear a buzzz sound coming from what seems the front left by the clutch side :tard . I have the warranty i just wanted to see if anyone else had this because the last "problem" i thought i had with the front brakes it ended up being normal for all the 6R's.
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yup Mine dose the same thing too, 2nd at about 10k is the worst.... Keep us posted on what the dealer says

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Chandler AZ!! Another local '07 zx6!! Where did you get yours? We should hook up for a beer/coffee and a ride sometime soon!

I'll definitely let you know what the guys at Kawi-Superstore say about it - it helps to know that at least 2 others are seeing the same thing.. But I sure hope I don't have the play the Kawasaki felt pad game again! My last two Kawi's had ridiculous fairing buzz!

Yup Mine dose the same thing too, 2nd at about 10k is the worst.... Keep us posted on what the dealer says

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got It At the Kawai superstore in the tukee, yeah I am thinking its the fairing buzz. I just got it last week its got about 350 miles already :D I am gonna go through and tighten down everything this weekend when i put my sliders on and my new fairing (long story) :shame: which btw arnt too pricy ;).... Me and my buddies ride all the time

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great group over there at KSS!! Helps that I live 2 miles down the street from them...

I tried to figure out hte buzz today on the way into work today, but of course this morning it decides not to do it.. So we'll see what happens after work - I've seen buzzes that are hot/cold sensitive so maybe that's a clue... Let me know if you find anything.

BTW: The bolts on the frame to put on the sliders are super super tight. I had to extract on after whacking it. In retrospect a hot gun would have definately helped!! ;-)

Got It At the Kawai superstore in the tukee, yeah I am thinking its the fairing buzz. I just got it last week its got about 350 miles already :D I am gonna go through and tighten down everything this weekend when i put my sliders on and my new fairing (long story) :shame: which btw arnt too pricy ;).... Me and my buddies ride all the time

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
44 Posts
Humm clutch lever you say... well mine seems to be the worst when i slip the clutch a little on a fast shift from 1st to 2nd that sound close to yours?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not quite - I get hte buzz when I hit about 9k but only in a small range up to about 9.4k. If I hold my finger on the clutch lever to keep it from vibrating the sound goes away immediately... It occurs no matter what gear I'm in - it seems to be completely a vibe thing..

I also do get some minor fairing buzzing from 4k - 6k. But nothing terrible - and not nearly as bad as it was on my 650r or 750s... Those two bikes drove me nuts.

Humm clutch lever you say... well mine seems to be the worst when i slip the clutch a little on a fast shift from 1st to 2nd that sound close to yours?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well the guys at the dealer ship really didnt want to hear it they jus said bring it in let us look at it... plus they cringed when i said i took my 400 mile bike above 10k hehe... my logic is find problems now not later when i have no warrenty

·
Registered
114 Posts
What dealer told you that? The guys at KSS in Ahwatukee told me at about 500 miles to start opening it up a little and that they preferred this before I bring it in for break-in maint. In fact they said they like to see the bikes back closer to 1000 miles specifically because of this. If you don't open the bike a little you will get carbon deposits developing on the valves - it's a higher performance bike and needs to be ridden.

that's not to say you should lay into it and hold it up at 15k all day either. But I just can't see any reason not to progressively work in your bike.

Mine is going in tomorrow for break-in - it's at about 850 miles now. I stopped by at 500 miles and quizzed them a little, and they told me the above and told me to go have some more fun... Which I did!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bike just came back from the dealer - perfect bill of health after 800 miles. They adjusted the lever slightly and eliminated the clutch buzz. Guess it won't matter much - I also have a set of Pazzo levers on order... ;-)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Perfect, I don't have to start a thread asking...

...mine doesn't sound like a buzz at 9k, more of a loose change in a tin can sound. I know what fairing buzz sounds like cuz I also have a 650r...this sound isn't anything like that.

But it does happen every time I swing through 9k.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yea, definately not only the clutch lever, mine is doing exactly the same between 9k and 10k! My dealer mech.told me there is a second set of butterfly valves which tend to make this "buzzing"sound??????

Can anyone confirm this?

I am oversensitive about this as I got my bike replaced by the dealer after only 490km with a new one, but that was due to a huge factory fault!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts