Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

I'm finally going back to kawasaki this week after a year on my gsxr

I'm buying a wrecked ZX10, I'm just wondering if anyone can spot what parts I need.

The parts that I have listed are:
A set of fairings
Sub frame
Headlight system
Ram air tube

The only kawi I've had was a 03 zx6. Does the 05 zx10 have the same front fairing bracket as the 03? I think it's called a stay?

But if anyone else can spot what I need to pass a kentucky inspection to get a rebuilt title then please let me know.

Also can I just get any state police to sign off on it or sheriff? Or does it have to be a certain one.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Gas tank needs replacing not bondoed up.
You need to inspect the entire frame very very closely.
Inquiring minds want to know how much you are going to pay for this project bike.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gas tank needs replacing not bondoed up.
You need to inspect the entire frame very very closely.
Inquiring minds want to know how much you are going to pay for this project bike.
$2,500

They said the frame is perfect, I'll double check it for sure.
But yea I forgot to mention a new gas tank.

Thanks for your reply :smile

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey man i have done two kentucky inspection, one in hardin county and one in meade county, the inspection in Elizabethtown (hardin county) consisted of checking the lights, blinkers, horn, and checking the VIN of course.. the inspection in Brandenburg (meade county) consisted of only a VIN check... but so far its lookin like u need an instrument cluster and a fairing stay and the other things u listed, apparently people like to make these stunt bikes or track bikes so i would check cracking on the frame near or on the welds and check for leaking forks.. and on another note, i just bought an 04' and just a heads up, id change the oil and the plugs when u change the plastics cuz the plugs are a Pain IN THE ASS!!! but yeah man if u need any help message me... i have an air intake also if u may b interested. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
ooo
i'd be super nervous about spending even $500 on this unless you're going to part it out.....
this has nightmare looming in the distance.

·
Registered
99 Posts
ooo
i'd be super nervous about spending even $500 on this unless you're going to part it out.....
could also b a blessing in disguise... these bikes are a work of art with a little TLC he could have a great fantastic running machine:crazyloco

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
That price sound way too high. once you buy all the parts you will have way more in her than she is worth, but hey. I will give you props. Get her back on the road so she can hunt tumbleweeds!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think 2,500 is a fair price. It's really not that big of a fix.

After I get it all done I'll have around $3,500 in it. Every 2005 zx10 that I've seen was over 5,000. So I figured it's a fair price as long as the frame or engine isnt damaged.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm leaving monday morning to get it, will post pics once I pick it up!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey man i have done two kentucky inspection, one in hardin county and one in meade county, the inspection in Elizabethtown (hardin county) consisted of checking the lights, blinkers, horn, and checking the VIN of course.. the inspection in Brandenburg (meade county) consisted of only a VIN check... but so far its lookin like u need an instrument cluster and a fairing stay and the other things u listed, apparently people like to make these stunt bikes or track bikes so i would check cracking on the frame near or on the welds and check for leaking forks.. and on another note, i just bought an 04' and just a heads up, id change the oil and the plugs when u change the plastics cuz the plugs are a Pain IN THE ASS!!! but yeah man if u need any help message me... i have an air intake also if u may b interested. GOOD LUCK
I'm in Knott County. Could any cop do it? I have some friends and family that are in the county and state police.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ooo
Why, it's just cosmetic damage. You can look at the engine, it still looks brand new.

It shouldn't be that big of a fix I dont think atleast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts