Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p579/David_Wilke/KGrHqJHJFIE88e5RhrBPSCSDTB260_12.jpg

so i might be buying this bike... will be my first bike!!!!
the first thing i want to do is put a muffler on this thing
what do you think i could put on it with out running new pipe...
someone put really loud drag pipes ... on there and i doubt the neiburs would like to hear me start this bike every morn at 6 am as this will be my new
daily driver...gas is allmost 4 dollars down here...
the price for the bike is 1200.00 right now...

·
Registered
923 Posts
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p579/David_Wilke/KGrHqJHJFIE88e5RhrBPSCSDTB260_12.jpg

so i might be buying this bike... will be my first bike!!!!
the first thing i want to do is put a muffler on this thing
what do you think i could put on it with out running new pipe...
someone put really loud drag pipes ... on there and i doubt the neiburs would like to hear me start this bike every morn at 6 am as this will be my new
daily driver...gas is allmost 4 dollars down here...
the price for the bike is 1200.00 right now...
Looks like you MIGHT need header all the way back. Looks like they just welded the pipes onto midpipe which is one piece with header.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Looks more like a Zr7. Not the ZX7.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Looks like a 1991 ZX6E to me...

Josh

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Looks like a 1991 ZX6E to me...

Josh
+1 on the ZX6E
Take a good look at the frame and front forks. That looks to have been crashed to me. I think either the forks or the frame is bent, but I can't tell by the photo.If that's the case I would pass on that bike unless you want to start your motorcycling experience by completely tearing down and rebuilding a bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear davidw38901,

As far as we know it hasn't been wrecked, it's been dropped and the plastic has been broke, that's it as far as we know.

That what I got from asking if its been wreaked...
What do you think 2fat2fly after looking at the other pics

·
Registered
573 Posts
anytime i get a "as far as we know" from a seller i run that through my decoder ring to interpret "we think so but nobody will admit to it so just trust us and buy it sucker"

·
Registered
573 Posts
in fact my first bike the local seller said pretty much the same thing so as a new guy to bikes I was like. oh.. ok.. i'll trust you.. foolish i was.. was a good thing i loved that bike as much as I did considering the amount of cash i dumped into her fixing bent and broken items due to a laydown and general neglect.

find a bike locally for your first bike. Talk to some friends who ride and are willing to help you with the process and to ask the right questions and hopefully examine the bike with you and provide guidance.

and that bike in the link looks like a 6e.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok now asked if the forks or frame bent in anyway...they didn't answaer this last time just said it wasn't wreaked...
And also asked if vin # matched since a lot of you think its a 6e not a zr7

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked the bike and the title and yes the vin numbers match, it is a 1999 ZXE-and no it's not bent.
Got this...,

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Dear davidw38901,

As far as we know it hasn't been wrecked, it's been dropped and the plastic has been broke, that's it as far as we know.

That what I got from asking if its been wreaked...
What do you think 2fat2fly after looking at the other pics
I don't know for sure one way or the other by the pictures. To me the front wheel looks too close to the lower fairing. It MIGHT be the angle of the photo or it MIGHT be something is bent. If I were buying from just pictures I would pass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
don't waste your money on this! that bike is messed up- the front is squashed and the rear tail overhangs way past the rear tire- if you're not 110% sure about it than theres probably a reason. take the money you're gonna sink into it and buy a good bike. just because the title is clear doesn't mean it wasn't crashed- just means it wasn't reported

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the highest bid...is there a way to cancel my bid on ebay without havering to pay relisting fee????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts