Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am the proud owner of a kawi 636 - 2006.. i started to hear a very loud sound (not my yoshi exhaust) on the side of the bike and my local shop told me that my clutch plates were out of life, so bought new klevlar plates and when the tested the bike it started to sound again!!! so the have taken the motor apart and it seems that one of the 03 connectig rodes was burned and the crankshaft was smooth to the touch but a little black... i am really worry about it.. see i live in Perú and having the 636 was always a dream... parts don´t come cheap in the third world jajaajajjajaja

Can anybody give some input if this has happened to anyone.. want to know if my beloved kawi will be the same all revy and that.

Excuse my bad english THANKS...

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Sounds like you will either need to rebuild or replace the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understan "or replace the engine" and my most quick idea is fuck my life i think i lost my bike... so i have t ask; what do you mean exactly rebuild my engine.

And thanks for answering me... really need advice in this, i really love my bike its a part of me so if you have any inputs please write me THANKS AGAIN

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
If you have it torn down that far, you've already done half the work. The bad crank journal will need to be checked for size and roundness and perhaps re-sized to an undersized bearing. Then the rod will likely need replacing, unless the engine wasn't run very long after the journal took a shit. After that. careful inspection of all the other components before assembly would be a good idea in case something nasty got into the oiling system. Most guys just get a used engine from a boneyard and do a transplant, but I have no idea of the availability of a used engine or even repair parts where you live.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
And make sure the crank is straight or you'll have problems again at higher rpms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks.. i have very poor knwoledge in the technical aspect of my kawi... yep i have taken my bloc and crankshaft for messuring and tolerance test, so iam just crossing my fingers because the only part that was broke was the connection rod, the crankshaft seems to be just black.. the thing is will i have this as a chronic problem, my mechanic told me that knowing my style of riding it would represent most likely a problem in a near 15,000km i think thats to short of a period i think.. or am i wrong???? AGAIN thanks for the tips and advice... could you please keep guiding me??

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Is this the first time the engine is opened? A black mark in the crank says to me the opposite.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this the first time the engine is opened? A black mark in the crank says to me the opposite.
I am in the same line of thought... it seems that it has been opened before, think i made a very bad choice picling up that kawi636, just talked to my mechanic and he told me that i have the answer on the status of my crankshaft tomorrow.. so please all kawi´s members please pray for me.

Does anyone knows were i can find, purchase and import a new crankshaft for my bike????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts