Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hawk Gearing Up for Silverstone
Round 12 Bennetts British Superbikes – 15th – 17th September

The three Hawk Kawasaki riders are heading to the penultimate round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship this weekend at Silverstone Circuit, 15th – 17th. Dean Thomas, Craig Coxhell and Peter Hickman are eager to get some good results on board the Dunlop-shod Kawasaki ZX10’s.

The season is reaching the point now where it has become an ultimate scrap for overall Championship positions. With double points being awarded at the final round at Brands Hatch in two weeks time, everything is still to play for.

Senior member of the team Dean Thomas commented "It’s been a difficult season for me especially with the injuries I sustained in the crash with James (Haydon) at Snetterton. I’m still not feeling 100% but every week I am feeling stronger and getting back to myself. I got two reasonable results at Silverstone last year so I hope I will be able to do similar or better this year."

23-year-old Craig Coxhell said "I had a nightmare weekend at Cadwell Park a few weeks ago and looking to put that in the past and move on this weekend. Everything that could go wrong at Cadwell did, it’s certainly not my favourite circuit! Silverstone, thankfully is one of the few tracks in the UK that I know my way round quite well, as I rode on it when I was competing in the European Superstocks last season. I just need to ensure that I get a good qualifying session under my belt to enable me to get some strong results in the races."

Rookie rider Peter Hickman is eager to get to Silverstone saying "Every time I go out on the bike I feel a little bit more confident and that is showing in my results. It’s been a steady year and a very steep learning curve but I have managed to get a number a healthy results in the bag which gives me a bit of a boost. I’m enjoying my time on a Superbike and want to make sure I get my head down in the final two rounds and get four decent finishes."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts