Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Bros Moira pipes bad for the engine?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TronZX-14 
#1 ·
I wanted to get the super loud Bros Moira exhaust system. I heard that it may not be the best decision, because the pipes are not a true exhaust, and they are so short that there is a chance that some cold air may get sucked back up into the engine. Can anybody tell me if that's true, or if Bros has fixed that issue?

#2 ·
Not sure how to address your concern but whatever it is, the difference in length, pipe width, with or without baffle, for sure it will effect power delivery. If i'm not mistaken, you will loose top end but gain considerably amount of torque. The main thing is it'll be bloody loud...

In my opinion, people with short pipes are for shows only and not top speed. Just to attract attention. But most importantly it will attract cops... is that what you want bro????

#3 ·
Concur

I would think they could be tuned for the bike but there would be considerably less back pressure which a little is good alot is bad obviously, that will cause a lot of back firing and popping on deceleration but I would agree with scavenger they will be loud probably like the Brock shorty drag pipe which is Very loud for the street in my opinion?? (Loud pipes save lives but they also attract attention, some of it unwanted:squint ... and expensive!)

#6 ·
So officer V, do you come here to get secrets to nail other riders or do you not agree with most of the rubbish happening and the fact the bikers are being nailed by cops left, right and center?

Sorry but i dont like cops and here in South Africa we have noticed a few of them on the local forums and they pick up all sorts of things and nail guys for it.

Well regarding the pipe thing, as far as i have heard, as long as the pipe is at least 7 inches longer than the headers, you should have no problems at all but you will drop top end a bit.

#5 ·
Ironic for you, still expensive for the rest of us civies. I still can't afford the attention and the cost of that attention isn't worth the little bit of extra power I'll get for the noise. And if one of your fellow officers decides you should'nt get the free pass you spent a lot of dough on a pipe you can't use on the street? just spitballin there??:crazyloco

#7 ·
Whokilledkenny...no, I do not come here to ZXFORUMS to get "secrets" to nail other riders with.....that's asonine. You think that I spent $12,000 dollars if I didn't intend to ride it? Let me tell you something, I don't pick on anyone if I do the same thing myself. I have NEVER given a bike-rider a ticket yet. Sorry you don't like cops. Maybe you want a law-free, chaotic society, I don't know. By the way, I did get stopped not long ago, and you know what? I didn't say, Oh, officer, I'm a cop. I took the ticket like a man. It's part of the fun of owning a sport-bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.