Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a new set of tires on my 7, I guess last night some dickhead threw out a glass beer bottle and landed in my driveway so I thought I cleaned all the glass up. I took my bike out of my shed and rode it for a second just to get it warmed up for an afternoon of riding. All of the sudden I hear loud hissing sound, made a u-turn back to my house and Yeup, a 2 and a half inch gash on the tire with you guessed it glass inbedded. I'm pissed to say the least but my question is How good are the Bridgestone Battalax BT012 SS tires? The place I'm going to get them from wants 215.00 for the set. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
My personal experience with Bridgestone motorcycle tires hanst been very good. On my last bike I had put some on and they started to wear in a weird triangle shape on the rear. I put some AVON tires on and never had a problem with those. I have bridgestone on my new 636 cause thats what It came with but I will be swapping to Avons pretty soon. But it pretty much depends on the rider I guess. Later

·
Registered
532 Posts
Got the Bridgestone BT015's on the new ZX6R and done 1600km (1000miles) on them now. I am very impressed with the grip levels of these (run them right to the lip without any sign of loosing grip).Don't think they will last more than 4000km (2500miles)though, but I rather settle for grip instead of mileage. Would like to try out the BT002's on a track day. Have anyone got any experience on them perhaps?

The ZX10R has Dunlop Qualifiers on which is also great on grip and got almost 6000km out of them. Not too bad.

The most important is to use what you feel comfortable on!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Had a new set of tires on my 7, I guess last night some dickhead threw out a glass beer bottle and landed in my driveway so I thought I cleaned all the glass up. I took my bike out of my shed and rode it for a second just to get it warmed up for an afternoon of riding. All of the sudden I hear loud hissing sound, made a u-turn back to my house and Yeup, a 2 and a half inch gash on the tire with you guessed it glass inbedded. I'm pissed to say the least but my question is How good are the Bridgestone Battalax BT012 SS tires? The place I'm going to get them from wants 215.00 for the set. Is it worth it?
I had and just got a new one bridgestones BT14 I think they are great. I ride them to the lip, they always hold I think they are the way to go

·
Registered
462 Posts
Use Ebay, got a brand new Battleaxe for $120(shipped too) and a 1/2 new front for a mere $40. The grip isn't exactly phenomenal (rolling burnouts at 60+). I'll probably be switching to some Powers next season, but for now, they're good enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts