Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I dont have to keep the OEM parts on the bike through the break in period but I cant wait. Anybody see any problems with me adding a full M4 exhaust?? And I already have 110 miles on the bike from the dealership kept under 6000 rpm. I want to do the hard break in does anyone see a problem with me starting after 110 miles are on the engine at low rpms?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
i'd change the oil and filter now if you haven't already. Change your exhaust and do your break-in. The exhaust has nothing to do with break-in. Install it correctly. Read the instructions. Look for a video install on youtube. Do it right and you won't have any exhaust leaks. Here's a tip. Install the exhaust completely. Wipe the entire exhaust down with an alcohol soaked rag and then dry it with a clean rag BEFORE YOU START THE BIKE. If you don't thoroughly clean the exhaust, you may get some burned in oily fingerprints that will be hard to remove completely. You just spent a lot of money on this part. You want it to look as good as it sounds and performs.

Just do this for the initial burn-in for the pipes and can.

·
Registered
888 Posts
if you plan on using synthetic, then id wait till the recommended milage only because of cost factor. conventional is fairly affordable so there is nothing wrong doing the oilchange early.

there's actually alot more involved in the breakin period, bolts may come loose, metal shavings and other fob's from assembly inside the motor, chain will losen up, new tires are slipery, so its mostly precautionary not to go fast on a brand new bike.

but honestly, most motorcycle reviews are straight from the factory, 0 miles and straight to track and hard street riding. But they usually have pro's to do the pre-ride and post ride inspections.

but if you ask me, i would not add modifications on a brand new bike.. for reasons that you may have to bring it back to the manufacturer or dealer for defects.
wait for that 600-1000 miles to make sure no manufacturing defects exist on your bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts