Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 07 zx6r last Saturday. So excited for that moment.
After firing it up we noticed that the throttle was sluggish and it stalled out a few times when blipping it and applying the clutch. The dealer and service techs assumed that is was cold start related and they checked with the computer and everything was normal, suggesting that i call them if anything continues to be an issue...
So off i rode with new bike and smile.
Well it sat for a few days due to too much work and when i went to ride it yesterday i noticed that the problem persists. Every time i start it and let it sit, it stalls and every time i apply the clutch it stalls out from first to second to third etc.
So I called, they trailered my bike back to the shop because it was unsafe to ride and now i wait.
The service guy said that they would trouble shoot and try to figure it out but he also said that worst case scenario, that this could take up to 2 months to get parts for the 07 model???...
WTF.. :banghead
That would put me into nearly Sept. and i would miss the season.
So if it was the worst case and i only had one ride on it, from dealer to house. (34mi + 23mi riding around) What are my rights?..
1. Couldn't they just strip another bike for the part and replace that part on the other one?
2. Can i get a new bike since the pdi. on the vehicle was obviously not performed to the level it needed to be.
3. Is there a lemon law for bikes within a certain time frame of taking delivery?
4. Could i even threaten with a Lawyer?

Any one experience this or have any helpfull info..
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think lemon law applies to if you had to have it serviced a certain number of times. I can bet you that they won't take a part from another bike because they prefer to by ready for that next sale/sucker (j/k). To pressure them with an attorney may not work because all service centers around the country have a full house.

I'd go for the "loss of business" rountine. I mean they already have your money but they don't have your friends money. And try to speak with the manager of the center about your disatisfaction with buying a brand new bike and all your friends laughing at you telling you they will never shop at that place. Just rub it on real thick.

Good Luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd say they owe you a brand new bike. They noticed the problem before you even drove it off the lot. They sold you a defective motorcycle. It would be pretty crappy if they don't make it right.

I had a problem with my sidestand sensor causing my bike to cut out once in a while about two months after I bought it. The sales manager took the one off his personal bike for me so I didn't have to wait a week for parts. They will get my repeat business because of that. I think it would be foolish for them not to take care of you.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I also had failure one my first bike within 3 days (much more serious though, read on another thread) and I insisted on a new bike, got it replaced within a week by the SA Kawa importers!!

Insist on a new bike if they say it is going to take more than two weeks!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Said that they were gonna be on top of it when i asked the sales manager to make it a priority..
we'll see, asked to here back by 1:00 today.

·
Registered
330 Posts
See what happens today. If not satisfied; get in touch with Kawasaki directly by email so there's a record of information supplied. They may or may not be of help to you but they can probably put some pressure on the dealer too. It's their reputation at stake as well :eek:hno

If they don't get it sorted out right quick - go after both the dealer & Kawasaki for a replacement bike. It's the leat they can do if the original bike is a lemon! Waiting 'till Sept. for parts and missing almost the whole riding season is bullshit :cussing Bet the dealer would have something to say if you told them to "wait until Sept." for your money :evil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts