Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer is doing a sale on 2 (red or black) 2010 ZX6r's for $7900. Brand new 0 miles.

There's also a blue 2011 for $8500.

This a good deal or should I look elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Tell em $7900 out the door and deal. The. Walk away if they say no.

For reference, I bought my 09 zx6r with 400 miles on it for $7000 out the door then that one got solen and I bought my brand new 2011 zx6r for $10,000 out the door with about $1,200 worth of mods and accessories on it, and got a Helmet with both deals.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told him 8 out the door on the phone, and he said probably not. I'll run by the store today and act like I'm going to pick it up for 8 out the door and walk away =P

He has to be motivated if they are 2010's.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I told him 8 out the door on the phone, and he said probably not. I'll run by the store today and act like I'm going to pick it up for 8 out the door and walk away =P

He has to be motivated if they are 2010's.
Exactly. He'll do it. I'd walk away if he says no to 8k OTD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back. Sticker price was about $8k - taxes+license is obviously another $400-600 - so let's say $8.5k. Somehow with all the dealer fees, destination, crate, all this other crap - it came out to $9400 - does that seem right? I was a little flabbergasted.

·
Registered
480 Posts
To me at this point it would seem stupid for destination fee, they have had it sitting for 2 years now, if they are serious about moving it they will wave the BS fees.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Just got back. Sticker price was about $8k - taxes+license is obviously another $400-600 - so let's say $8.5k. Somehow with all the dealer fees, destination, crate, all this other crap - it came out to $9400 - does that seem right? I was a little flabbergasted.
That's absolutly rediculous. I'd tell em to go fuck themselves and look elsewhere. At that point I'd be offended and wouldn't do business with them even if they came down on the price. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think it's ridiculous that they even charge a destination and assembly fee. That should all be included in the price of the bike. What are you supposed to do take the whole crate home with you and assemble is yourself? Do you get charged an assembly fee when you buy a car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK good - I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Why are they charging me crate and destination fees on a bike that's been sitting for 2 years - do they think customers are stupid?

I didn't negotiate the price when I was there - mostly because I was too angry to get into negotiation mode.

I will call him back and see if he will take 8 out the door, with a helmet (wife needs one).

Unless anyone else knows of any good deals in Utah (SLC) I don't have much choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hah - I just went in to give him an offer of 8.2k out the door.

He said he couldn't go any lower than his current offer (which is $9.4k out the door). He wouldn't budge.

Seems like a motivated seller.

Wish we had more bike shops down here...can't find anything =(

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That really blows. Good luck with whatever you end up doing. I'd still walk away though.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Tell him you'll take the 2010 zx10r for 9.4 OTD LOL

·
Registered
85 Posts
9.4 is ridiculous, I paid 10.5 old with a 4 year kawi plan for my 2012.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts