Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 ZX12R. I went to replace the rear pads and to make a long story short, one of the pistons was messed up and had to be replaced. I put everything back together and now I have no rear brake. I have tried to bleed them with out much luck because no pressure builds up. The pedal just goes to the floor. Any help with this would be appreciated. It has to be something simple as there is no pressure and the pistons do not close at all.

·
registered member
523 Posts
They way i did my rear when i changed lines, take off cap, open bleeder and pump that bitch keeping the fluid level up, and then pump some more..i bet i pumped it 100 fucking times or more...then it started to spit and then bleed properly,,,buttoned everything up and done..

·
Registered
123 Posts
my guess is that you haven't bled the line correctly or you made a mistake reassembling the rear brake.

hhmm. footpeg>piston>brakefluid>piston>brakepad>rotor. if everything is tightened up with no leaks, and the lines are full of fluid, and you reassembled your brake assembly correctly (which isn't hard) then you should be good. did you try pumping the brake a few times? make sure everything is fastened tight...

i assume your not leaking fluid...

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
try pushing the fluid from the bleed nipple up to the res, then close the nipple .... jobs done

·
Registered
14 Posts
Break the hose fitting banjo bolt at the M/C. Crack it, press the pedal down, tighten the bolt, release the pedal, break the banjo bolt, press the pedal down once-hold, tighten banjo bolt. The bubbles are hung up in the M/C and hose end. Try that until clear fluid runs from the crack at the banjo fitting.

·
Registered
649 Posts
i bought a slick one-way valve bleeder hose at the local auto parts store for 6 bux. I can change out my brake fluid in 10 minutes (front and rear) without having to monkey with the valve at all. So much easier than the old fashion way......:crazyloco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts