Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just bought a 1996 ZX600 and I found out that the brake light (not the tail light!) is always on. After looking around, I found out that the rear brake switch spring was just hanging there, not connected to the brake lever. I put it back on.

But, I know that wasn't the problem because since it wasn't even connected, then the brake light should never come on (for the rear brake anyway). I've been messing with the switch for half an hour trying to wiggle it free or something but it seems to work fine except it's always on. The piston like thing for that little switch doesn't stick or anything.

I read somewhere that I should take off the rubber casing and try cleaning the switch, possibly with WD-40? I also read that it is really rare for the front brake switch to stick, AND I can't find the switch for the front brake light and I can't find any guides on the front switch (I even have a Haynes manual) so I'm stuck there.

This is my first post and I just registered here, so thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*edit*

I just disconnected the rear brake light switch and the brake light still stays on. It has to be the front brake then.

Anyone know a guide on the assembly of the front brake switch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed!

Ok, sorry everyone, but I found the problem. I finally located the tiny little front brake light switch and it turns out that it is defective. The little button has no spring-back so it is always on. I'm ordering a new one.

Maybe someone else will have this problem, so there you go!

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Ok, sorry everyone, but I found the problem. I finally located the tiny little front brake light switch and it turns out that it is defective. The little button has no spring-back so it is always on. I'm ordering a new one.

Maybe someone else will have this problem, so there you go!
Congrats on finding the problem.:clap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts