Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I took off my calipers to do my pads then I reinstalled them. I have bled brakes before but it never took this long. I'm doing the front brakes. I've gone through 2.5 bottles of brake fluid, and the lever is still easily pulled to the handlebar. The brake lever does have a little resistance but not much. I started from the MC then right to left calipers. And I've probably pumped it a thousand times by now. Help me!!

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Are you letting the MC reservoir go empty or not closing the bleeder quick enough? That would continue to introduce air into the system.

·
11,782 Posts
You've might have an air leak somewhere. Check and re-check your lines. Also, how far did you get into the calipers when you cleaned them...maybe a seal or o-ring is pinched, cracked, missing, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, my lines are fine. I think pvc might be right. I did this for hours and was getting very frustrated. I might have let the bleeders open to long but I know there isn't any air in my MC. And from what I could tell I didn't see bubbles come from either caliper after 2.5 bottles of fluid lol. ughhh

·
Registered
841 Posts
when I bleed brakes I put a loop in the bleed line, from the bleed fitting to the catch container, so the loop is higher than the bleed fitting. That keeps air from getting back into the brakes before you close the bleeder. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
If you have a mighty-vac or other brand hand pump..... here is a video on replacing fluid... should be similar to bleeding the system. You might have to squeeze the hand brake a few times to get the air out of that.

·
27,825 Posts
Are you closing the bleed nut before you begin releasing the brake lever? Just had to ask!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol I'm a moron. I realized my calipers were on the wrong side. Took me 10 minutes to do my front brakes and 10 hours to figure out what was wrong!

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
when i bleed brakes i put a loop in the bleed line, from the bleed fitting to the catch container, so the loop is higher than the bleed fitting. That keeps air from getting back into the brakes before you close the bleeder. Hope this helps.
+1

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Lol I'm a moron. I realized my calipers were on the wrong side. Took me 10 minutes to do my front brakes and 10 hours to figure out what was wrong!
I don't get it. Where did the 2.5 bottles go then?

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I don't get it. Where did the 2.5 bottles go then?
If he had the calipers on the wrong side... the bleeder would have been on the bottom? Only bleeding the fluid, not any air.:runaway

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I knew that.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
I guess he didn't catch it to put it back in after it came out.....

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
You mean you don't bleed into your front yard?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts