Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I really know nothing about these bikes. But I am very mechanically capable and worked on vehicles my whole life.
This guy told me he had no idea it was like that and said it must have happened from "the last guy"
I looked over this bike high and low and it blows my mind how I did not see this. But anyways, I have an AS IS bill of sale so im screwed but what do you guys think?
I knew the bike was dropped and wasn't really taken that well care off but I got it pretty cheap and wasn't complaining. Until I saw it broken hours after I got it.

On the right side where it was laid down it looks like it broke off the frame slider but also broke the arm coming from the frame that the motor mounts to.
Are these arms considered a structural part of the frame? I know they work as a motor mount but is the bike safe to ride? How would I go about fixing it? Buying a used frame off ebay and cutting the arm off and having it welded to my frame? Or just replace the whole frame and try to get a title?

Thanks for any ideas.
20200404_175445.jpg 20200404_175438.jpg 20200404_175509.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's not good.
I can't say that would be safe to ride.
Is the title clean?
Can't believe the guy you bought it from didn't know
He says he didnt know, He did seem kind of dumb... now im stuck with it. I dont have the title yet, waiting for him to get it in the mail and send it to me. He said there is no lein and its not a salvage title.

·
6,618 Posts
You need a new frame. Sorry to hear. Check with your state to see if you can buy a Bill of Sale frame with your title and a used frame to get a new title. Unfortunately, the bike will probably have a salvage title when done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts