Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 zx6r ... It is bogging hard. It is worse at 8k rpms through 10k then it picks up again. I know it is time to get the valves checked... could that be the problem? Its not just in 1st either its through 3rd. After 3rd it runs smooth. Its going in to get valves adjusted on the 13th... Any ideas?

·
Registered
602 Posts
And it has never had the valves adjusted? Get that done first. Adjusting the valves is a very important maintenance. If they get tight, it can cause compression loss, burned valves, increased ware, and other weird things.

Have you done major changes recently, like add a full system, aftermarket air filter, pc3, etc?

Other than that, it could be sensor like the air temp or MAP sensor. Or check for air leaks, even the oil cap being off can cause the a/f to be off.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the service manual for the bike if you are going to do the valve adjustment yourself. I'm actually trying to find someone that is going to do this on their bike so I can watch and see how difficult a job it is, I've been told it's not too difficult. I'm pretty good with tools and taking things apart to repair it but would just rather see this done before I try to tackle it myself. Let me know if you do the adjustment and if you'd be willing to let me watch/help.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i did put a pc3 on it... i have a full yosh pipe and put the full yosh map on from the power commander website ..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the service manual for the bike if you are going to do the valve adjustment yourself. I'm actually trying to find someone that is going to do this on their bike so I can watch and see how difficult a job it is, I've been told it's not too difficult. I'm pretty good with tools and taking things apart to repair it but would just rather see this done before I try to tackle it myself. Let me know if you do the adjustment and if you'd be willing to let me watch/help.
I am taking it too the shop. I am capable of doing many things on the bike but when it comes to anything like valves ore engine things ... Not so good lol other wise I would have filmed with the gopro or skyped ... sry

·
Registered
602 Posts
You might want to take the pc3 off. It connects to the primary injectors and the primary have more to do with lower rpm until the secondary injectors kick in.

Just take the tank up real quick and bypass the pc3 by reconnecting the stock injectors and tps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might want to take the pc3 off. It connects to the primary injectors and the primary have more to do with lower rpm until the secondary injectors kick in.

Just take the tank up real quick and bypass the pc3 by reconnecting the stock injectors and tps.
I honestly would rather pay to have the bike put on the dyno and get a custom map. I just shelled out for the pc3... y would I want to just take it off.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I honestly would rather pay to have the bike put on the dyno and get a custom map. I just shelled out for the pc3... y would I want to just take it off.

Because it might be broken. Why would you come here asking for help if you didn't want to try to troubleshoot the problem?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Because it might be broken. Why would you come here asking for help if you didn't want to try to troubleshoot the problem?
Thanks for the suggestions ... I am going to get valves done, change sprockets and go from there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hes right about the PCIII. Could be a fuelling problem. Take the PC off, run it, if its any different you know its to do with fuelling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts