Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if like the '04 or '05 zx10r bodywork can fit on a '98 zx9r. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can't tell you definatively no because I haven't tried to make it work and I mean MAKE IT WORK, but I can generally say no way. The frames, triple clamps, etc... are very different and those are your mounting points and general deciding factors

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a complete 94 ZX9 body if you are interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i dont think he was downgrading....pretty sure he wants an updated look. I have a 99 and I think the front cowl with the one headlight looks really big and round. After it fell in garage and broke the front I decided to update my front cowl and headlight to 2002 zx9r. I must say it looks 100% better and made the bike a little less windresistant. I had to update the fairing mount that conects to head, new gauges and new ram air ducts. Also had to do some wiring to get the dual headlight to work and to get the 3rd parklight to work. Once I get all the rest of the parts on and painted I will post some pics. I just bought really cheap broken parts at first to just see if it were possible. wasted a little money but in the end it saved me a lot of headaches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts