Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone ever taken there bike for a boat ride? I mean a large passenger/car ferry.. People do it all the time I know, but Ive never paid much attention to whether they tie down or what? Its a 300+ foot boat so pretty stable but there can be a good roll some days...Whatd you do? Stand there and keep an eye out? Its a 75 minute crossing! Tie down and forget about it Im thinking? Any experiences on here ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Was never on a boat ride that long with my bike. I just stayed with my bike until the ride started. Then when I thought it would be okay, I started to walk around a little, but I was back with my bike when we got to the other side, in case we hit a little too hard.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't know about the smaller ones but most of the bigger ferrys have a row of front wheel chocks for motorcycles to use. Bring your own tie downs though. they usually don't provide them for you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I guess Ill just tie it down and forget about it, never noticed chocks on there before but there is definitely tie down points as they sometimes chain down tractor trailers or top heavy loads if its expected to be a rough crossing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts