Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

BlueGauges.Com

12K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Barrett1992 
#1 ·
Thought I post an example of their work since every talks about them. 1 week, shipped last Friday got it back Saturday. Great quality work looks great I went with the white tach with a blue LCD.

So send them off they get +1 in my book.

See less See more
#2 ·
I wanted to do that this winter, ended up doing a fender eliminator instead. Oh well. Maybe next winter. I had a lot of communication with those guys while I was thinking about it and I was very impressed with their replies, I look forward to doing business with them. Looks good!

#3 ·
Anyone out there with a '08 ZX10R who's got a pic showing off the mod? Or can someone direct me to a link where I might find one?

Bluegauges.com doesn't have an example pic for the '08.

TIA from a newb

#4 ·
Looks good, man. I'll be doing this next winter. Wanted to this past winter but never got around to it. I'm sure I could do it myself in an afternoon but I don't want to risk screwing up my gauges. I don't have the money for a new set.

#5 ·
i want to do this mod and i think i will send it to them i'm afraid i'll fry my gauges.
I want to do it the same colors blue lcd white tach but i have a ? can your read the tach in the sunlight or dose it wash out bad?

#6 ·
JBearSVT
I wanted to do that this winter, ended up doing a fender eliminator instead. Oh well. Maybe next winter. I had a lot of communication with those guys while I was thinking about it and I was very impressed with their replies, I look forward to doing business with them. Looks good!
Shifty1
Looks good, man. I'll be doing this next winter. Wanted to this past winter but never got around to it. I'm sure I could do it myself in an afternoon but I don't want to risk screwing up my gauges. I don't have the money for a new set.
Thanks, What's One Week of 70 degree weather? :lol Must say so for so good. If you do decide to do it I think they have a group buy on Kawiforums.com

napalm candy
I want to do it the same colors blue lcd white tach but i have a ? can your read the tach in the sunlight or dose it wash out bad?
I can still read the tach but the white is not as visible, But I got it more for night time riding than day.

#8 ·
Here are pictures from when I did the backlighting on my 08' ZX10R, I got the leds from www.unique-leds.com

#17 ·
Here are pictures from when I did the backlighting on my 08' ZX10R, I got the leds from www.unique-leds.com][/QUOTE] That ...n. Is is on a green bike? Too cool. :clap OP

#14 ·
The analogue needle is twice as precise, the digital tach just gives you a ballpark as it moves in 250RPM increments. It's fairly easy to eyeball the analogue tach down to 100RPM. More important to me is the needle aesthetic though, I love the swing of that big red needle. The dull black bar climbing up the LCD is just... blah. And, while I think my gauge looks a million times better than it did, I still have to look at the same black bar.

#19 ·
I love the fact that i did mine also in blue and it made all the difference but ill have to agree with JBear about the needle. Much more appealing than our gay black bars If i could swap gauges out for one without to much work i would without a doubt :smile

#21 ·
Im probably gonna do this mod monday. I got the LEDs in and just went out to buy the solder a couple of days ago. Never worked with solder before in my life....hope it goes well....Have a 08 zx6r so gonna do the tach half white and half green with the speedo all green

#24 ·
Oh my lord, wow. These gauges look GREAT. I am having a problem with my 97 Gauges.. I so wish I bought a newer bike so I could have all the fancy digital gauges like most people :(
Do you know if these guys can do anything special with a 97 ZX9R dash? All my lights have blown for some odd reason.. great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.