Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know. This is my THIRD post about this. In the 1st post I said I had made a deal for the green ZX14. Then I posted a poll asking people's favorite color, blue or green. And now this...

Well, no more premature posts about getting the ZX14R, because I got it! I chose blue, and it's sitting in my driveway. The ride home was amazing!

I was REALLY worried about my size and whether or not I would be comfortable on this thing, but the second I hit the road I discovered a comfortable riding position, one that didn't involve me putting any pressure on my wrists, I knew I'd made an AWESOME DECISION!!!

I had planned on lowering the pegs and raising the bars, but I'm not so sure that's necessary anymore. Possibly might still do the pegs, but my monkey arms have no issues reaching the bars.

I'm so stoked, and I don't miss my M109R one bit! Although I must admit, during the ride to the dealership on my M109R, I was having a sentimental moment and questioning whether or not I should trade the 9 in. But now that I see how well I fit the ZX, and how flat out fun it is to ride, I'm as happy as a clam.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Immediately take it back and get the green one. I just voted, and clearly we win.

In all seriousness... Enjoy riding the two wheeled land rocket.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Beautiful bike and a beautiful color! You really can't go wrong with any color!

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Congrats it looks great now you have to start an exhaust thread to get rid of those ugly stock pipes:crazyloco.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats it looks great now you have to start an exhaust thread to get rid of those ugly stock pipes:crazyloco.
I'm going to wait for awhile before doing any mods. I'd like to live with the bike exactly how it is for awhile before making any decisions, this will ensure I don't do anything hasty.

Did I mention how fun this bike is to ride??? Going 70 feels like NOTHING. On my M109R, 70 felt reasonably fast, but it's a totally different experience with the ZX. And the ride is so comfortable. I'm shutting up now... I'm in love. :mfclap

·
Registered
90 Posts
DUDE, Please get rid of those HUGE ass cans.

Put you some aftermarket slip on's on it and it will be TIT's.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I know, I know. This is my THIRD post about this. In the 1st post I said I had made a deal for the green ZX14. Then I posted a poll asking people's favorite color, blue or green. And now this...

Well, no more premature posts about getting the ZX14R, because I got it! I chose blue, and it's sitting in my driveway. The ride home was amazing!

I was REALLY worried about my size and whether or not I would be comfortable on this thing, but the second I hit the road I discovered a comfortable riding position, one that didn't involve me putting any pressure on my wrists, I knew I'd made an AWESOME DECISION!!!

I had planned on lowering the pegs and raising the bars, but I'm not so sure that's necessary anymore. Possibly might still do the pegs, but my monkey arms have no issues reaching the bars.

I'm so stoked, and I don't miss my M109R one bit! Although I must admit, during the ride to the dealership on my M109R, I was having a sentimental moment and questioning whether or not I should trade the 9 in. But now that I see how well I fit the ZX, and how flat out fun it is to ride, I'm as happy as a clam.
How do you know if clams are happy? Lol!

Cool bike. Glad ya like it.I'm only slightly jealous.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went blue also. My last bike was black and that is what I orginally wanted. After going to the bike shop and looking the blue started to grow on me. I also decided it was time for a change of image and to add some color to my life.

I'm happy with my choice.

Beautiful Bike!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
The more I see the blue ones, the more I am ok with it in lieu of an available green model.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
In other news, it looks like the "dumb shit you should ignore" arrow is pointing straight at Steve.
Not very nice, man.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
My buddy and I go riding with has a blue one too.Beautiful bike.He's on his third rear tire!That torque must be a killer.His is so quiet its unreal.He loves the sound of mine,keeps telling me to revvit up.
Craig

1 - 20 of 26 Posts