Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just took my 08 ZX6R out of storage today. Rode 30km from the unit to my place and started to install my yoshimura full exhaust system. When i went to take the headers this is what i found...

Now there is a stain of oil the was old so im guessing this happend before i put it away for storage and never noticed. But theres alot of new and wet oil from the 30km ride today. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
looks like your valve cover gasket... is this picture looking down or up?

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yeah looks like a valve cover gasket.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
+1 on the valve cover gasket. If it's sat all winter I'd retighten the valve cover bolts and ride it a weekend or so and check it again before spending the money on a new gasket.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The picture is looking up at it. So if its the valve cover gasket, how hard is that to fix? I never had to do this before. Does the motor have to come out or is it something i can fix by taking the gas tank and airbox off.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
you can take the valve cover off without removing the motor. it would be stupid if you couldn't...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just never gone that far before and never seen a diagram. I went to the dealership to tell them theres a recall, he looked it up and no such luck. He showed me a diagram and i realised how easy it was. I'll have my gas tank and airbox out anyways to do my ignition module, speedohealer and to clean my air filter so i orderd the parts. $55 total for the gasket plus the washers or whatever they were that is recommend you change when you remove the cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts