Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was bleeding the front brakes on my bike, i let the fluid completely run out in the front master cylinder because the guy i bought the bike from let the brake fluid get so dirty, and or let it sit so long that the inside of the brake cylinder was disgusting with crud, so i figured i would let it run out, and then clean up the inside with a small wire brush, and then bleed the brakes, everything was going fine until i accidently, just without putting any thought into it, which was my problem, gave the front brake a squeez with little fluid in it, and now the piston that the lever actuates is stuck in....i know now that i should not have pressed the brake, is there anything i can do to get the piston to come back out, and then fill it up with fluid and go about bleeding the front brake, or am i sol?

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is a spring inside the master cylinder that should push the piston out. If it isn't then there is probably crap in there which is making the piston jam. If its in that state then I would defninatly overhaul it. Its not that difficult, the kits arn't expensive and include seals and a new piston.

You don't want the master cylinder seizing while your riding! :scared

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
+1 on the rebuild.

·
Registered
517 Posts
A rebuild is easier to do than you might think & doesn't cost that much. Plus you'll have the peace of mind knowing when you let off the brake, it will release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts