Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like a small black wire broke off the ground clamp on the battery, which obviously also has a black thicker cable going to ground.

Anyone know what that smaller cable is for? all lights and power work on the bike even with it broken.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
its just another ground, its there to help out with the voltage problems. I broke mine off too, then I soldered it directly to the back of the negative terminal (on the cable, not the battery).

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Isn't that the accessory wire we were discussing below? It basically does nothing. The diagrams show the wire going straight to the negative terminal on the battery

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Ah yeah thats it. I never bothered to check the diagram on it, I just connected it back up because its supposed to be there.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Doesnt mean you should halfass it and not reconnect it.

That kind of thing done one at a time over the life of a bike leads to the mess I wound up with when I bought my 7.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
"Pride of Ownership" It goes a long way in describing how you feel about something.

Reconnect it, those wires come in handy for extra stuff like hardwiring in a GPS charger or anything else really.

And when you do decide to sell the bike it tells the buyer you care about your stuff.

Josh

·
Registered
272 Posts
i had a black wire with yellow stripe fall off of the neg term and it did start my bike for a short bit but i ignored it and it blew my fusebox. dont ignore, reground and make sure it doesnt come off. i went riding and everything was fine as far as i knew, till i turned her off and came back to a bike that wouldnt turn over. my acc wire is orange and gauged a bit bigger than most of the rest. what yr is this bike we're talking about?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts