Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Black screen to match my bike

4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  slim1100 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I've just fitted a gloss black screen to match the bike. Being a double bubble I can now read the clocks without having to put my chin on the tank.:rolleyes

See less See more
#20 ·
They are actually the titanium Gilles set.
I guess they're kind of halfway between gold and silver.
I don't know, I guess I'm more a gold than a black or silver kind of guy.
I was also worried about the black wearing off ??? Don't know if that's a problem.!!!!
Gee, now how do I explain a black bike????? :rolleyes
I love the black, even though it's hard to keep looking good. :banghead ANY IDEAS ON THAT GUYS ?
I've still got to find some stick on stuff, preferrably carbon fibre, to cover the spots that are wearing already, after 2 months.
Top of the tank behind the filler, sides of tank, and the small side panels under the seat are all showing rub wear marks.
I wanted a black bike, but not ALL black. The R1 and the Gixer were appealing but just too much black for me. If I had got either of those I would have been spending another couple of thou on some gold wheels, Marvic's or marchesini's, etc etc. :rolleyes
Anyway, the red bits set it off nicely and there are plenty of silver bits too.
I like it, and I guess that's what it's all about!!!!!!! :smile
:cheers :pint :pint

#22 ·
there is a clear coat ........ like a latex that can be applied like window tinting i.e. with a little soap and water ...... once dry you would have a clear protective layer over your paint work.

I'll try to find the info

#28 ·
Yes that sounds similar to the product I'm thinking of, we should start a new thread for this topic in general discussion.

#25 ·
Wollongong, 75km south of Sydney for anyone who's interested
some great riding territory.
She's an August 06 build, but I bought her new off the showroom floor in February this year.
I'd like to find out more on that protective coat

Sorry!!! I think we've hijacked the original thread
Maybe we should start a new one on the coating
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.