Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love the black 14R and the green as well but did not want too much green or the flames so I bought the black one a few weeks ago and added a touch of GREEN by buying a few of the stock 2012 green body panels. Also has 1" lower Knight pegs, Heli risers(may try the Genmars), Two Brothers slip on's (with quiet inserts and black coated link pipes) with stock map, Sargent modular seat and storage pod on order, Pro Grip gel grips. Just 800 miles in so far and absolutely love it!
I appreciate all that I have learned from this forum to get me to this point. I don't know how to load pictures yet so please check out the link below to see how the bike looks and let me know what you think? thanks Mort

http://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t476/mortbikre/?action=view&current=photo.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black Series Two Brothers

you've got to find a way to get rid of all this hate... :lol

mort are those the Black Series two bros?
Hi Land Pilot-Yes, they are the Two Brothers Black Series with the P1X silencer tips. I spray painted the mid/link pipes with ceramic high heat primer and high heat low gloss Duplicolor paint from the local auto parts store.
Mort

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Land Pilot-Yes, they are the Two Brothers Black Series with the P1X silencer tips. I spray painted the mid/link pipes with ceramic high heat primer and high heat low gloss Duplicolor paint from the local auto parts store.
Mort
How do you like the sound? I'm torn between those and the mega-expensive Akrapovic's.... I love that quad-outlet look, but I can't see myself paying two grand...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two Brothers

How do you like the sound? I'm torn between those and the mega-expensive Akrapovic's.... I love that quad-outlet look, but I can't see myself paying two grand...
I really like the sound. The inside diameter of the baffles is large and it give the pipes a deep throaty sound. The cans are light and beautifully finished.
If you like it loud, you don't add and quiet tips. Then there are two levels of quiet tips you can purchase separately if you want it quieter. I am using the quietest P1X which is still somewhat louder than stock but allows me to leave home early in the morning without feeling as though I am waking up the neighborhood. Fueling still feels very good with the stock map. I like the quad look of the Akro's two but too expensive and I wanted black duel cans and to retain the stock header and torque curve.
Mort

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Looks great welcome to the zxf .

·
Registered
203 Posts
I love the black 14R and the green as well but did not want too much green or the flames so I bought the black one a few weeks ago and added a touch of GREEN by buying a few of the stock 2012 green body panels. Also has 1" lower Knight pegs, Heli risers(may try the Genmars), Two Brothers slip on's (with quiet inserts and black coated link pipes) with stock map, Sargent modular seat and storage pod on order, Pro Grip gel grips. Just 800 miles in so far and absolutely love it!
I appreciate all that I have learned from this forum to get me to this point. I don't know how to load pictures yet so please check out the link below to see how the bike looks and let me know what you think? thanks Mort

http://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t476/mortbikre/?action=view&current=photo.jpg
Where did you get the 1" drop Knight pegs? Was there any interference issues with the pegs and the exhaust shield. I have a 2012 14R, I just ordered the Helibar risers. Any pics of the lowered foot pegs would be great,

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Knight Design Pegs

Where did you get the 1" drop Knight pegs? Was there any interference issues with the pegs and the exhaust shield. I have a 2012 14R, I just ordered the Helibar risers. Any pics of the lowered foot pegs would be great,

Thanks
I got the pegs from Knight Design:

www.knightdesignllc.com

I ordered the 1" drop sidetrax in anodized black-
no interference problems with the Two Brothers pipes-I don't know about the stock pipes or any others. Mort

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got the pegs from Knight Design link:

Kawasaki Aftermarket Parts - Knight Design: ZX, Versys etc. Footpegs

I ordered the 1" drop sidetrax in anodized black-
no interference problems with the Two Brothers pipes-I don't know about the stock pipes or any others. Mort

I think since I have stock pipes they may interfere since stock pipe have a heat shield on the pipe before the muffler body.

Thank you for the info. You will enjoy your new 14R. I had some issues with my 14R when I first got it. Now that it's fixed it's working great.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts