Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody hear of people having paint rubbing off the gas tank of black 06 zx10r's within like the first 500mi if this is a repost sorry..........:confused

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kawasaki has paint problems on all they're bikes. I have a black 06 ZX10 and a red ZX14, both have paint issues from day 1. Mostly blimishes and thin paint. I have bought ninja's way back to the original 900 ninja in 84. All these paint problems have surfaced in the last couple years. I dont know whats up with them. I wish they could get it right like the rest of the companies. :angry I've had Honda's, Suzuki's and Yamaha's the last few years and have seen zero issues with they're paint. Sorry to vent but it sucks when you drop that kind of money on a bike especially they're so called "Flagship Bike", the ZX-14 and they can't even get the paint right . :banghead

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats what I've been reading thinking about going solar yellow instead of black its a little harder to see any inperfections in the pait plus the pearl looks nice in the sunn and its a little cheaper.....but damm the black look f*ckin killer decisions.... decisions got 2 days to decide:headscrat

·
Registered
78 Posts
Update: I heading to the dealer tomorrow about the paint on the nose section on the 14. I tried waxing all the blemishes out to no avail. I called the gm and he said bring it in. I cant live with it like it is.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
But what can the dealer do? If they do something/anything, post up.

My black was rubbed off in the first 8 miles - I am not exaggerating. Even with a tank guard, the clear coat just comes right off.

I dont know if the dealer will do anything for me since I have close to 5000 miles on my 10R now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just picked the 14 up saturday and noticed blemishes on the upper cowling(nose section)when I got it home with 5 miles on it from the ride home. They will replace it. (upper cowling)

·
Registered
75 Posts
on my 636 it is rubbing the gas tank. and i have a tank gard on it. realy looks like shit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
GM of dealership looked at it today and said no problem. Should be in some time next week:grin A guy who bought a black one the same day is getting his tank replaced due to paint problems also. GM said Kawa knows about the paint issues and is taking it by a case by case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts