Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've been riding my bike around all week no problem except it's been running extremely hot. Like 240-250+. So I bought a thermostat and some coolant since my bike was running on probably 90% water 10% coolant at the time.

BTW I own a 06 ZX-6R

So I take my gas tank off, and unscrew my drain plug for my coolant near the water pump. I remove the old thermostat, boil it in water, and it turns out it opens just fine. Anyways while I'm digging around in there, I had in previous years done the clean air mod to my bike but left the emissions crap just dangling on the left side of my bike, so I decided to remove that.

So while I'm removing the emissions stuff, I noticed that one tube was still connected to something under the air box. I made the not so smart decision by trying to pull on said tube and hope it would just pop off of whatever it was on. It wouldnt come off with a decent amount of force applied to it and I was afraid to pull any harder so I stopped and removed the air box to take a looksie.

Anyways all was fine, I saw that several tubes had screws in them from when I did the clean air mod previously, so I threaded the tube outside of my frame in case I felt my bike running weird I was planning on throwing a screw in that tube as well.

So that's the back story to my problem:

My bike is now assembled and when I put the keys in and turn it, the lights on the speedo flash a bunch of times. It's fairly inconsistant because they don't flash every time. Some time's I'll turn the key and they will be solid, other times they will flash again, some time's they wont come on at all.

When I try to press start, nothing at all happens. No clicking, no noise, no nothing. Not one single click. Now, the metal thing that's behind the battery (I don't know what it is what it is called) I know this thing usually turns from one side to the other when you flip the ignition on. Well it doesnt move at all either.

So I'm stumped. I'm taking the battery in today to have it tested once I get off work, but I highly doubt it's the battery. I've gone through the connections around the area I was yanking on said tube, and all seems fine.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Either you blew a fuse, or you disconnected something that has an electrical connection and is supposed to be there. Removing the emissions stuff shouldn't have changed anything in the electrical, unless the newer bikes have sensors or electronic valves or some shit and you removed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts