Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I haven’t done any valve clearances bought it from previous owner who really didn’t have any history but normal oil changes. But the bike was running fine until it sat for 4 days can it be the valve clearance that can cause this?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rest a finger on the end of the fuel pump while the engine is running, can you feel the pump knocking every second or so?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Okay worked on the bike today it seemed that my slides were being pinched and weren’t fully functioning. Also while the carbs were out I cleaned the jet that the primary Jets sits in, I really don’t know what it’s called. It was full of funk and even carb cleaner doesn’t seem to remove it I let all the jets and that longer looking jet that the primary jets sits in sit in carb cleaner for a whole night and removed as much of the gunk as I could. So I started the bike and took a while for it to turn over I had primed the gas with the fuel pump and when the bike turned on it idled high and then died, it did that a couple times and then started running fine idle was good and I could rev it towards limiter. So I took it out for a ride to see if all was fixed but when I would shift and let off throttle and roll on throttle it would lag and then go. It past 30 mph but after maybe 8 mins riding it would sputter and die, I thought maybe it was low on gas pulled into gas station and put gas and this didn’t resolve the issue. It would turn on rev high and die even on when choke was open it would rev high and then die again. Anything I should check in the carbs again?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts