Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all my bike has been kept in my garage for months not used , so charged battery bike started no problem
soon as i put the bike into gear it stalls side stand is up ,the bike jerks then dead start again fine put it into gear
jerks then stalls straight away ,

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,588 Posts
hello all my bike has been kept in my garage for months not used , so charged battery bike started no problem
soon as i put the bike into gear it stalls side stand is up ,the bike jerks then dead start again fine put it into gear
Can you start it in gear with the clutch lever pulled in and side stand up?

Reactions: mactheknife1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes does sound like clutch plates are stuck together. Here is what you do. Put the bike on center stand to get rear wheel off the ground. Start it up, put kickstand up, hold front brake on and put in gear. Rear wheel will rotate so gradually put on rear brake and when bike starts to stall release brake. Keep doing this until you will be able to keep clutch in while in gear with rear brake on. Might have to go it a couple times if bike stalls. It’s happened to me so I know it works. After it frees up you should be good to go. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello all quick update on the bike stalling in gear ok so i took a can of WD40 sprayed the clutch switch and side stand switch then leaned the bike over so it was on the floor tried again and bingo the bike is fine one thing to add i did adjust the clutch a wee bit on the leaver but sorry dont no which one cured it possible all or one of them not sure but all fine now.THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES GUYS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts