Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im decided i have been trying to get the bike light with all this money where i can just do it, do cardio run about 30 miles a week and i should drop allot of weight in know time and its free instead of paying $100 dollars per 1lbs im at 220 6"1 and im going to get down to 175 -180lbs by the end of this month,,, anyone that has ever done this let me know how you did

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
I think you should look on a weightloss/exercise forum instead of here for that kind of advise.

I will say this though, losing 40-45 lbs in one month isn't possible unless you plan on abusing your body and depriving it of proper nutrition and sustenance required to live...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you should look on a weightloss/exercise forum instead of here for that kind of advise.

I will say this though, in my opinion losing 40-45 lbs in one month isn't possible at least not doing so in a "healthy" way.
its posible about 1 and 1/2 pound per day drink water lot of fruits and vegtibales and chicken this isnt my first rodeo of doing this aha

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
This is me dogging you 1badzx7r, if you know as much about dropping weight as you do about spelling, your body is in for some long-term hurt. Blue is exactly right. I think it is well documented, as well as, common knowledge, there are limits to how much weight you should safely drop over time. Be happy if you lose 10-15 lbs in your goal time.

But I applaud you in your goal. That's smart thinking losing weight yourself instead of focusing exclusively on the bike's weight deficiencies. Good luck in your quest!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is me dogging you 1badzx7r, if you know as much about dropping weight as you do about spelling, your body is in for some long-term hurt. Blue is exactly right. I think it is well documented, as well as, common knowledge, there are limits to how much weight you should safely drop over time. Be happy if you lose 10-15 lbs in your goal time.

But I applaud you in your goal. That's smart thinking losing weight yourself instead of focusing exclusively on the bike's weight deficiencies. Good luck in your quest!
yes i know thankyou i probaly woulnt get 185 by the end of the month but just setting my goal there ill be happy with 195 is like my perfect wait thanks for the support guys.

·
Registered
888 Posts
weight fluxuates regularly within the 3lb mark in couple day intervals so its actually easy to see people lose 1 lbs in 1 day, then gain it back the next :)

It would be unhealthy to lose 1lb a day consistently for 30 days.. just try to do cardio every other day. For a person over 200lbs, try to keep heartrate up to 125-135 and 140 once you get to 180lbs. increasing your heartrate is how your body burns excess calories/fat. People fail workout because they go on bike rides but ride slow, people actually gain weight by doing that because they gain muscle tone and get hungry for a burger after workout. Try to not dramatically change your eating habbits - just sacrifice some portion rather than giving up foods you love.

you could reach your goal within 6 months.

-ex 5803 & ASI P5 - NAF Atsugi Japan and Port Hueneme California. helping warfighters lose those beer guts :)
well more like making them rather helping them most of the time.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
weight fluxuates regularly within the 3lb mark in couple day intervals so its actually easy to see people lose 1 lbs in 1 day, then gain it back the next :)

It would be unhealthy to lose 1lb a day consistently for 30 days.. just try to do cardio every other day. For a person over 200lbs, try to keep heartrate up to 125-135 and 140 once you get to 180lbs. People fail workout because they go on bike rides but ride slow, people actually gain weight by doing that because they gain muscle tone and get hungry for a burger after workout. Try to not dramatically change your eating habbits - just sacrifice some portion rather than giving up foods you love.

you could reach your goal within 6 months.
thanks for the advise:) yeah i do this like once a year thin out in the summer and gain some wait in the winter, i think once i get to my ideal wait im going to stay there this time gets hot work on roofs at 220lbs haha and your exactly right on the whole slower bike thing thats just like benching like i bench 335 3 reps were i need to be doing 275 and like 5 sets of 10

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Well I dropped 20 since march and I'm about the same size as you. Let me tell ya though, makes a huge difference when riding

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also some other quick ideas to lose weight would be is to go get in the boil bag aka the leathers and go ride in this nice florida sun haha i tend to make up cuss words when im sitting at a red light because its so hot. lol

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
losing 40-45 lbs in one month isn't possible unless you plan on abusing your body and depriving it of proper nutrition and sustenance required to live...

+1

Listen to these guys.

If you want to talk to someone who's done it and definitely knows what they're talking about, PM Turbo329. The guy dropped more than 30lbs in the name of being able to manipulate his zx7r a little bit better.

Btw, I applaud you for looking to yourself as the cause for excess weight when riding as opposed to adding to the plethora of posts concerning "how can I make my bike lighter." Imo, unless you're sub-7% body fat there's no reason to search for items to remove from your bike in an effort to lighten it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
+1

Listen to these guys.

If you want to talk to someone who's done it and definitely knows what they're talking about, PM Turbo329. The guy dropped more than 30lbs in the name of being able to manipulate his zx7r a little bit better.

Btw, I applaud you for looking to yourself as the cause for excess weight when riding as opposed to adding to the plethora of posts concerning "how can I make my bike lighter." Imo, unless you're sub-7% body fat there's no reason to search for items to remove from your bike in an effort to lighten it.
thanks man

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
instead of paying $100 dollars per 1lbs
It shouldn't cost anywhere near that much. Just switching to a lithium ion battery dropped me 6 lbs for $150. Not free, but a shit ton less than $600. I don't know how much useless factory crap you've taken off already, but there's a lot of weight there too. You don't still have the stock exhaust do you?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It shouldn't cost anywhere near that much. Just switching to a lithium ion battery dropped me 6 lbs for $150. Not free, but a shit ton less than $600. I don't know how much useless factory crap you've taken off already, but there's a lot of weight there too. You don't still have the stock exhaust do you?
i have a ballistics 12 cell battery and yes all the stock stuff is off on the bike full race muzzy exhaust, i think im going to get a lighter subframe next and do the gsxr brake caliper mod oh and pm chicane wheels any other ideas?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup, looks like you've used up all the "cheap" stuff. Diet it is.
forks been sent out to race tech, fox racing rear sock, smog block off, airtech uppers and lowers, 520 chain conversion, the motor was built by SBM and some more stuff i just cant think of anything else besides the rims and brakes

·
Registered
480 Posts
They recommend not losing more then 1-2lbs per week. I lost 130lbs over a year period, obviously that is faster then the 1-2lbs per week recommended but it is pretty clear that I had a lot to lose. First week I lost 7lbs, but it slowed to 2-3 per week after that. Once I got closer to a normal weight it slowed to like 0.5lbs per week or no change at all. I went from 284 to 154, after that I changed up my diet to gain some muscle mass, currently I'm at 178 at 5'9". Though it probably wouldn't hurt for me to cut down to 165 to be extra lean.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
One time last year I lost four pounds in one day. In a few minutes actually.
It smelled like pizza, which I didn't think was possible. Garlic yes, but... pizza?

I heard a rumor awhile back that Pilot Pures were supposed to weigh less than other tires. And it's rotational weight, which is good. I don't recall the specifics.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Losing weight to ride better is a great goal, but doing it for you own health is much more important. I would suggest doing a lot of cardio (running, cycling, swimming) to lose weight and develop a very good diet. I'm a competitive runner, so my body weight as low as I can get it. This is why I focus on dropping weight off the bike.

Btw, I dropped about 50 lbs off my bike this year and it feels much lighter; however, I sat on a friend's new cbr600 the other day and it made my bike feel 100 lbs heavier. I couldn't get over how light it felt. What a dreadful feeling. But I did notice how small everything was, from the bars to the tank to the fairing (if you can call it one) to the forks to the wheels. I must say I still prefer the look of the zx7r.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts