Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
i saw this on ebay, its certainly clean but i dont know how visible it would be in teh day compared to the modified stock one

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell you the truth its a billions times brighter than the stock tail. even in the day its helluva lot brighter. plus it changes the overall look and stance of the bike. plus here is a couple of interesting points about it

the tag light distorts the plate so it makes it a tad difficult to read. but still legal.

at night the lighting scheme is trippy to look at.

fast flash blinking.

brighter than stock plus you dont have sunlight hiding the stock LED light.

cons:

a bitch to install. have a friend handy cuz you need 2 sets of hands.two sets of hands.

i added "L" brackets to where the license plate mounts to angle the tail light a little bit down and under the butterfly valve for more visibility.
when I get my new pipe i wont have the valve there anymore so but its gunna be a little more visible

the battery tray only lets you go so far over so the bracket has to be a smidgen off center. Im workin on a way to fix that.

all in all it looks great. great functionality. and changes to look of the bike.

love
joey

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where did you get it from and how much did it cost??? What is it called? And how did you find that color to paint the rims to match the bike? Cause I wanted to do mines just like that but with red.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the rims are pre curved rim tape. the tag is from BIKELITEZ. all of which is on ebay. its buy it now for 120$ i made a offer.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think I prefer my Werkes.............

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...131813237QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170131813237

this one is quite similar but I dont like the hidden tucked away plate of the original one posted. I have a feeling it would get me pulled over.

what do you guys think. It looks like its all integrated into 1 light but i think there is small directionals in addition to the brake light have integrated turn signals

thats made by the same people. the lights are the same, but the brackets are differents. hellla brigt lighting

·
Registered
275 Posts
thats made by the same people. the lights are the same, but the brackets are differents. hellla brigt lighting

its they are both from bikelightz I just wanted to know if you liked the different location

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seriously.... this thing looks illegal.
anyone thinking that or is it only me??

Just don't want to get pulled over for something dumb

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know. I live in detroit, so the police here are kind of laid back (lazy as hell) so they might not care. I think the one I ordered sits closer to the end almost directly under the exhaust.

·
Registered
164 Posts
in cali.....that's way illegal..don't know about there....hope you don't find out the hard way

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
illegal or not. I still dont give a crap. It looks great on my bike. plus in new jersey the only requirements are that you have a 2 step brake light and an illuminated license plate light to pass inspection, plus if you have a friend thats keen with a dremel tool have them etch DOT approved on the lens cap of the brake light to be a little on the safeside, or give your local bike shop an everta 25 bucks to pass your ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts