Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got my 05 ZX-6R about a week ago and im starting to learn about the bike a little more. Something ive noticed, and dont know if its normal, is that when i take my hands off the handle bars the bike leans to the left, and starts to turn that way even when i lean the other way, or try to center my self. Is there a way to fix this? Also, around what rmp's does everyone usually shift, ik its a stupid question but i was just curious. Thanks for any help.:rofl

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have noticed that mine do the same, also to the left, although very slightly and I can keep it straight by just leaning a little to the right with my hands off. I think this is usually when the rear wheel is not aligned 100% with the front. Get someone to ride behind you, about 30m, and check whether the wheel are running true. Then use the chain adjusters and adjust the rear wheel. This should help.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
camber on a road can do that also

·
Registered
990 Posts
Also check the rear wheel adjusters are the same each side & the axle is pushed up to the adjusters.

With an older bike check for evidence of crash damage. If this is the case something may have gone out of alignment i.e fork legs can twist in yokes.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Check also by putting a piece of dowel in swing arm pivot and measuring to axle centre as the adjuster marks may not be accurate. Support the bike vertically and run a long piece of straight timber along the side of the rear tyre and measure the gap to the front wheel. Should be the same on both sides.
gammac

·
Registered
683 Posts
Check also by putting a piece of dowel in swing arm pivot and measuring to axle centre as the adjuster marks may not be accurate. Support the bike vertically and run a long piece of straight timber along the side of the rear tyre and measure the gap to the front wheel. Should be the same on both sides.
gammac
Good call about the adjustment marks not being accurate. I never thought about it but its not like its a precision measuring instrument. I always wondered if it went to the left because the chain is on that side. Seems like all bikes want to go to the left atleast a little bit. I always thought it was cuz the chain was pulling me that way.
T

·
Registered
649 Posts
Also check the front suspension settings to make sure they are the same on both sides, I've seen new bikes with messed up setttings as well as used.

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is just something that i have heard but apparently most people lean to the left or sit to the left more on bikes and that would also cause the problem. i know that i lean a bit to the left when i ride

·
Registered
582 Posts
This is just something that i have heard but apparently most people lean to the left or sit to the left more on bikes and that would also cause the problem. i know that i lean a bit to the left when i ride
Yes I find I have a tendency to sit a little to the left. Probably due to being a right hander and having used the right leg to kickstart bikes.
gammac

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yes I find I have a tendency to sit a little to the left. Probably due to being a right hander and having used the right leg to kickstart bikes.
gammac
What's a "kickstart"? :rotflmao

·
Registered
582 Posts
:rotflmao Quote:"What's a "kickstart"?"
One of those funny lever things they used to fit to bikes to help improve your leg strength.:clap
gammac

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts