Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 91 ninja zx600c and have been having a butt laod of promblems with it. 1 it would just loss power ramdomly so i cleaned the carb changed the fual flitter and hoses then i was folowong out plugs left and right NOW i got it to run a little on all 4 cyl but after about five min of running it was only running on 3 cyl i drove it around a little and noticed that about 4 or 5 grand the 4th cyl was picking back up
whywould one cyl not run untill i was at 4 or 5 grand

·
Registered
462 Posts
? What do you mean it's not running? Is it dieseling or what? Some specific part is not running, not just a cylinder. And how do you know that 1 cylinder isn't running? Is it just a lack of power til you reach higher revs or what? Could be a simple fix or an serious problem, more info please.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had a similar problem with an old KZ1000. It was fouling the plugs bad. It got worse and worse. But at high rpms it seemed like it would run ok. It turned out that the rubber diaphram in my fuel petcock was ripped. Since it was a vacuum type automatic petcock, the vacuum tube was sucking fuel into the carbs. At low revs the engine couldn't handle all the fuel. At higher revs the engine was able to handle the extra fuel, but still didn't run good. Also I could tell there was a fuel problem because the exhaust was very black and gassy. Just an idea, but check the fuel valve. Considering your bike is a '91, I think its pretty feasible that some of your rubber diaphrams are failing. Petcock rebuild kit consists of some small rubber parts and is not too expensive. Let us know if you try anything and if it works.
T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts