Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody,
i gots a problem with my bike. it likes to cut out everytime i stop eg, traffic light. it will always start again sometimes with alittle trouble but does start and go. and it always runs really boggy when kept at the lower rev range, and becomes very un-responsive. but when it gets over 5-6000rpm it takes off as it should. the problem started after the carbs where taken off to check the jets where clean but they are brand new due to i recently had a dyno jet kit fitted (not set up yet). its also had a k&n filter at same time. the bike also has a straight through end can on it. i had the tank and airbox of today to make sure all pipes where connected and they seem to be. carbs looked to be on as they should.

the bike was working fine before the carbs where take off which puzzles me, and it gets anoying when your the one causing traffic cause your bike cut out and wont start

any input will be greatly apriciated. Thanks, leigh

the bikes a G2 btw:smile

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
air leak at the carbs

·
Registered
990 Posts
May be carbs icing up. Check the inline filter on the carb heaters is not blocked. You may have disturbed some debris in the cooling system when you dismantled/reassembled stuff.

Also did you check carb synchronisation after refitting?

Seems like you need to get it on a rolling road & set up properly but make sure you have checked valve clearances beforehand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well since its only started to trouble me after the carbs where taken of i will have a proper look 2mora if the weather is nice lol.. thanks alot guys :)

Leigh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like one of the vacuum piston diaphragms was mis-installed and may be losing vacuum preventing the slide from raising with the others. Remove the top carb caps to check the diaphragms. make sure carbs are fully seated in the intake manifold carb holders and that the clamps are tight. check all vacuum lines. check spark plugs. if black and sooty then carbs jetted too rich. does it idle rough, stall, was the float height adjusted, carbs synced, mains, pilot jets, pilot screws/passages cleaned screws adjusted mains selected needles set? hope this helps. let me know more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi again and thanks for the reply,

since my last post the bike has been set up on the dyno (see vids section) and the bike runs alot better and smoother but can still be awkward at the lower revs. Its not quite as bad but still a problem. Ive alson noticed when riding at about 5mph the bike might mis-fire, sometimes quite loud which is quite worrying. The carbs are correctly put together now i hope and on properly, no kinks in lead and put on properly. Spark plugs where re-newed last november when the dyno kit was put in.

Leigh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts