Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike crash, car crash, walking accross the street, plane crash, train crash you stumble accross the street.
Theres soo many ways to die, why do some of you people in this forum try to discourage a newbi from riding or popping wheelies.
Is this a romper room or a fourm.
I thought this was a bikers forum to post the good and fun times of riding.
Dont discourage...Encourage and let the good times roll. http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

·
Registered
990 Posts
why do some of you people in this forum try to discourage a newbi from riding or popping wheelies.

No one as far as I can see is discouraging anyone from riding or stunting. The ones with more experience feel it might be good for the newbie to use enough caution to survive long enough to come back & tell us they've had fun on a bike. It's the difference between taking a calculated risk and an unnecessary risk :squint

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with the first post..I think its mostly people from the UK that are being so negitive about riding and getting into accidents and all. Besides, isent it people in the UK that drive on the wrong side of the road?:rotflmao

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Totally agree with Shortcircuit.

Nobody is discouraging... just informing... knowledge is power... otherwise there would just be too many SQUIDs on the roads.

S-tupid
Q-uick
U-nderdressed
I-nexperienced
D-angerous

Anyone who takes others precautionary words of wisdom and advice, regarding risks and safety, and belittles it or says its foolish to offer it... is not only naive... but an idiot!!

Yeah, I said it!! Somebody had to.

G

·
I'm with Short Circuit to man, I've been riding one year, and like most 22 year olds would love to try and impress the girls and the friends with a big catwalk or stoppie. But having some people here who have a solid head on there shoulders who offer constructive criticism and advice probably means that I have many more years of enjoyable riding. And what's with the UK burn??? Surely they can't drive as bad as your avatar picture looks??? Swoosh and Shortcircuit have given me so much good advice and this is me jumpin' to the defensive.
Drew~

·
Registered
38 Posts
#1 :common sense.
#2:good judgement.
#3:awareness of your surroundings.
I cant stand a motherfucker who thinks a newbi who gets his first bike is going to kill himself.
These fuckers say get a 650 for your first bike, its a beginners bike.
My first bike was a zx14 and i diddent have any problems at all.
I dont need a tit to suck or to be baby sat, im a man, and im sure the hell not afraid to take chances.
Its gota suck for ya people to be afraid your whole life thru.
How can ya evan have fun, shortcircuit is one.
almost 700 negitive posts.
Encourage, dont discourage and let the good times roll.
We dont want to hear about the careless people you knew or the fucked up websites you have posted about people killing themselves on motorcycles.
Let the good times roll and quit being soo negitive.
Your chances of walking across the street and getting struck my a car are greater than a car striking a motorcycle.
So lets stop it with the whining and titty sucking. Thanks:smile

·
Registered
183 Posts
You guys suck as human beings. I know i know negative criticism is not what i should be writing when talking to a sociopathic nutbag who is trying to force his wreckless and idiotic opionions on others. No one is throwing out discouragement, we are jsut lending out words of encouragement and wisdom. Shortcircuit has been riding way before your ( clutch) dumbass has been "suckin on your mommas tittys" .So why dont you shut your mouth and stop spewing evil words like what i just wrote back to you and keep your trash talking on the inside and go bungee jumping without a bungee cord. If you don't like what experienced riders like shortcircuit and others are writing then simply ignore it, and others are welcome to ignore it too. The fact that you think your a man becasue you hopped on a zx14 is incomprehensible, simply becasue its a freakin cruiser and cant hit the twisties nearly as well as any of our "motherfucking newbi 650's" can. So with all due respect clutch stuff it. This negativity has got to stop and the only reason im so angry in this response is simply becasue you have the audacity to throw out all these labels and judgements becasue your the type of guy that thinks he's the shit and simply put probably has nothing to live for. So the suicidal notions you can stow away as well. Again im sorry for being so forward becasue im never really like this but when someone like you comes on a decent website like this that was put together to help newbis and squids , and to keep everyone alive a little longer you deplete the point of it. Oh and oak i think if you decide to use a little intelligence you could easily infer that swoosh meant that" Anyone who IGNORES others precautionary words of wisdom and advice regarding risks and safety... is not only naive... but an idiot!!" seriosly guys grow up and that UK burn was even more childish than anything ive ever read. Clutch the more i mull these thoughts over i realize that you should not be someone that owns anything that has more than one gear and exceeds a monitored speed limit of 12 and 1/2 mph. Namely i think we should all pitch in and buy Clutch and motorscooter and put the speed retarder on it. Have a good night gentleman

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
No one as far as I can see is discouraging anyone from riding or stunting. The ones with more experience feel it might be good for the newbie to use enough caution to survive long enough to come back & tell us they've had fun on a bike. It's the difference between taking a calculated risk and an unnecessary risk :squint
+1

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think all of u have a good point. I don't think people are trying to be naive. they are giving advice some people gust give it differnt .
and as far as being a man if you have to write about it ...??? I just don't know.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
+1 Tesfa.

Clutch...when I saw your first few posts... I immediately had an impression of you that I didn't particularly like, but I don't like to judge people superficially and thought I would give you a chance to prove me wrong, and I can admit when I am....but thanks for reassuring me that my gut feeling is the one that I should stck with. You are egotistical, opinionated (not in a good way), and I severely doubt you have the skills to back up your mouth. Good for you that your first bike is a 14, and that you're a "man". I fear that you are the kind of person that leads other people into trouble though... you're dangerous, pure and simple... may Karma catch up tou you and slap you just hard enough on the face to bring you out of your sheltered little world before you seriously hurt yourself, or cause or suffer the same to someone else.

Oh and congratulations Clutch...Everyone that has read your post is actually DUMBER now for having read it. You are exactly what is the problem when they refer to idiots on motorcycles. I defend all riders when people say that all the riders they have seen are idiots, and have no regard for laws, other vehicles or themselves. I now realize that they must have seen you, or someone that you have spread your benign influence to. You are the true definition of a SQUID.

Oak... excuse the typo, I'm sure you know what I meant. I enjoyed meeting you in Seattle, and didn't really get the impression that you were like this...bitching about riders trying to help other riders to a) ride better b) work on their own bikes and c) be safe while doing both. To each their own I suppose... just remember that ths thread started because someone asked for advice... and when that happens.. most of us feel the need to explain the pro's and the con's... unfortunately, a motorcycle is a weapon.. and should be treated as such, and safety advice given. I'm sure you would have no problem telling someone who wants to wheelie... to just grip it and rip it... but if you did, and they took that advice... and you found out that they were seriously injured or even died as a result of what you said.... would you be the least bit bothered by it?

Just something to consider. Everyone has a right to their own opinion....That doesnt give someone else the right to discredit the person who is only trying to look out for someone's best interest, while providing answers to the questions they have asked.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
#1 :common sense.
#2:good judgement.
#3:awareness of your surroundings.

I do agree with!!
I would agree with these from anyone else Bogie... but he doesnt believe them himself and probably just copied them from another forum. Read the rest of his post:

1: Common Sense - common sense would be training, courses, working your way up to a bigger bike.

2: good judgment - encouragement can be positive or negative. Good judgement is providing the information... good and bad, not just handing someone keys and saying "there is nothing to worry about whatsoever"

3. Awareness of your surroundings:
Your chances of walking across the street and getting struck by a car are greater than a car striking a motorcycle.
C'mon now...seriously? Show me the data or stats to support this statement FFS!

As well... the UK comment? Totally BS and uncalled for.

I agree with these points wholeheartedly..... just not in his interpretation of them. ...and just remember,,,Common Sense isn't all that common anymore.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Clutch

Perhaps you should read more of my posts properly before you pass judgement, if you are capable of comprehending plain English.

From your above posts you appear a very self opinionated, narrow minded person & above all you do not appear to possess the most sophisticated of communications skills. Am I correct or do I need to delve further into your input so far into this forum.

And yes I linked to a crash site in a thread that has been trawled up recently, but so what, the link had already been posted up here by someone else BUT you appear to be basing your opinion of me on that single post.

As for what sort of person I am, well it appears you don't have a clue :squint

BTW your spelling sucks :rolleyes perhaps this gives a clue as to the sort of informed & intelligent person that you really are :headscratch & what's with the large, bold type in all your posts - are you seeking the attention you otherwise lack in the rest of your life? :nana

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would agree with these from anyone else Bogie... but he doesnt believe them himself and probably just copied them from another forum. Read the rest of his post:

1: Common Sense - common sense would be training, courses, working your way up to a bigger bike.

2: good judgment - encouragement can be positive or negative. Good judgement is providing the information... good and bad, not just handing someone keys and saying "there is nothing to worry about whatsoever"

3. Awareness of your surroundings: C'mon now...seriously? Show me the data or stats to support this statement FFS!

As well... the UK comment? Totally BS and uncalled for.

I agree with these points wholeheartedly..... just not in his interpretation of them. ...and just remember,,,Common Sense isn't all that common anymore.
I'm picking up what you'r puting down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
im 43 years of age. I have much more experience than probably anyone of ya in the forum.
You werent even born yet motherfucker when i was riding, so take my advise and pull your lips from your mothers tit cuz i think its time for her to change your diaper.
Have fun, let the good times roll.:eek:hno

1 - 20 of 36 Posts