Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Anything is better than nothing..... An added feature that is nice to have is an ignition kill. How much more is it for the pager??????? It will alert you if someone is messing with your bike. It's nice that it has a batttery backup.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
117 Posts
Back in the day when I lived in an apartment in the big city I liked the pager. In my opinion you really can't put a big enough siren to get anyones attention on a bike and the horn is a joke. I had one that honked the horn, it didn't even wake me up!

The pager on the other hand lets you catch the guy in the act or at least get a look at them and in one instance I was able to give the cops a good enough discription for them to arrest someone.

I have no specific experience with this particular model though.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think the pager would be worth it. I have a Scorpio system coming this week. I have read many recommendations about the system and purchased it thru kneedraggers.com and they throw in a free factory wiring harness and free shipping. Read: 125db siren.... that's friggin' loud!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Scorpio_Two-Way_FM_Motorcycle_Alarm_System--66-SCOR-2.html

You get battery backup, ignition kill, motion sensor, perimeter sensor and a free factory wiring harness. $330.00. It's worth it to me, I love my bike and hate theives with a passion. It also helps to keep your bike covered with a crappy looking bike cover, keep a dog in the yard, and keep your 9mm loaded next to the bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
I know someone who had a electric fence unit attached to his bike, park on a metal grid and live wire the bike ........ sooooo cool it worked a treat.
You could hear people yelp when 3000 volts went through them LOL

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. And those scorpio systems sound nice. Might have to look into those.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think I'd skip the electric fence.

Also back in my apartment days when I left a portable generator from work on my balcony that someone stole. I was so pissed off I went and wired a tool box with a battery, a car coil, etc and wired the handle with a high voltage lead.

I set it out on the balcony and waited, and waited......and waited. Then several months later I needed to dig something out of my little balcony closet and forgot it was booby trapped and picked it up :scared

I'm afraid I forget to turn the damn thing off.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Good choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K about the electric fence.... the only person it would shock the crap out of would be me cuz i would forget!!:rotflmao

·
Registered
184 Posts
I prefer a loaded Glock G22 with 165gr hollow points.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a Springfield XD9 with a 16 round clip filled with Hydra-Shocks, but i need something to wake me up first!!!!!!!!!!! :crackup

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh Yea! I'm a true believer in the Scorpio-i500 alarm.it took some time to install and costly with all the options.but if the chain lock and the Glock wont stop them I guess they're destined to get the bike.TMP nice selection!How do you like the grip angle on the XD?

·
Registered
649 Posts
The grip angle is very comfortable and the XD is very easy to shoot on target. I have the sub-compact version (3" barrel) and i have put at least 2,500 rounds thru it without a glitch. I personally like the way it fits in my hand over the glock and just about any other 9mm on the market. Their is no switch safety, like the glock, the XD uses a grip safety and a trigger safety, it also has a loaded chamber indicator and a firing pin indicator that can be verified by touch as well as sight. "Beware would be theives, the owner is a shooter"!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
OK... back to the Scorpio Alarm and installing it. What a snap!!!!! I made sure to get mine with the factory harness connector kit and it made it soooooo easy. The only part that was tricky was finding where to splice the ignition wire. After reading my bike's wiring diagram I decided to do it right at the fuse box. There is just enough wire to do it neat and tidy.... One thing I read about is the range of the two-way not being so good... I think it really matters where you position the antenna... if it is near too much metal it will affect the range. I'll give it a good test in the next few days and report back.:mfclap

1 - 17 of 17 Posts