Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall,ive recently gotten a 98 zx1100 and when im cruising im running between 3 and 4500 rpms while shiting and holding it about 3500. my gas milage is kinda cruddy i think, about 200 miles to the tank. i know im not in my power range so tonight i cruised at about 4000 and it sounded great. what the most efficient rpm guys

·
Registered
495 Posts
I don't drive much below 4000.

cheers

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
If it isnt running between 4500rpm and red line its not happy....

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi killerkawi1100 and "Welcome aboard".
I've gotten 360 kilometres (223 Miles) from a tank.....
that's DEAD empty from FULL on centre stand (guess how I learned that).
I get roughly around 15km/l-
when I dont have to show some "Unbeliever" what the Hell I'm actually riding.
Like today, some little a**hole on a Yamaha R sumthing & a
Honda CBF (Cant Be F**ked)needed some "special" attention :nana.
Most of my riding is commuting 30km (each way)
to work on a freeway- somedays GOOD.... others = stop start.
Cheers,
Gav

·
Registered
495 Posts
Usually the low fuel lights start flashing around 250 km. I have pushed it past 300km before re-fueling.

cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
91 C Gets 43-46mpg that's 75-90mph 31,k on the odo! Finally got mine back on the road after 10 months and I got 44 mpg. When the low fuel lights start flashing you got just under a gallon left and then you have a very heavy scooter to push.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have run out of fuel in almost every bike I've owned but I'm way more conservative with this one.....hard to push and also because I cant deal with the low fuel warning lights flashing for 80 miles.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
...and also because I cant deal with the low fuel warning lights flashing for 80 miles.
That's why, when I had a C, I removed the flashing relay, jumped the wires and installed lower wattage fuel bulbs. Way, way less annoying than OEM setup.
Oh and also bent slightly the fuel sensor to delay the moment the ligths come on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ever think that's why the put the double bright red flashing light thingy there so you wont have to push your heavy scooter around? LOL Never been one to push that eschew as My fat but doesn't do well pushing my heavy bike around.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Herb, every time I see those dual flashing lights I think, they give me two red flashing lights and I have 2 gallons left.....one light for low oil pressure,no flashing. LOL
A simple petcock with reserve will do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts