Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there was already a poll for opinions on best exhaust systems. I just wanna know which sounds the best in your opinions, and if you have sound clips, that would be great as well. I'm already thinking of Akra or 2 Bros(dual flange-on, i like the stock undertail look) Kind of looking for a loud, "throaty" sounding exhaust.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I run a Brocks Street Megaphone and it sounds awesome. At the drag strip with the baffle out it sounds absolutely insane. People come into the pits to ask about it and say that it sounds wild. They are super lite, good looking and great sounding and the tec support is second to none for mapping and such. I can't tell you what Hindle makes for your bike but if they make a pipe for it, it will rock!!!:crazyloco

·
Registered
443 Posts
Akro for me too :crazyloco

·
Registered
330 Posts
Akro on mine & it sounds good; loud at high rpm's but not obnoxious. And, it's a nice tone not raspy like the yosh. Wanted a 2 Bros. originally but was way more expensive. Think they're a little louder and maybe a little throatier than the Akro at least on the 6-R. Most of the responses here are from 6-R owners though so not sure if there's a difference between the sounds for the same exhausts on a 10-R which is what you have :headscratch

·
Registered
53 Posts
two bros on everything I own. superhawk , sv650 , and the new zx10 best customer service and sound!:crazyloco

·
Registered
436 Posts
i run d&d and i cant hear your bikes so i say one vote to D&d that is where it is at.

·
Registered
436 Posts
the D&D is full SS with carbon fiber slip and i will never have anything less. hahaha

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry A&R Racing Baffles win.....my buddy has Akras and he likes the sound of my A&Rs better than his but he found out too late bout the A&Rs so he spent bout $800 for Akras...I spent only 100 :evil bucks...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a stock ZZR-1200 system on my ZX-11, and one of the reasons for doing this was so I could look into the vast aftermarket for this exhaust. I have heard the Remus on Beemeers and I like it a lot, I have also heard the Staintunes and I REALLY like that...so I will keep you posted. Right now I vote for Staintune...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Micron for me just installed the full hydro formed serpent system on the 14 all I can say is SWEEEEEt!!!! ride with a 12R that has full muzzy it's a little louder at idle than the micron but the micron is deeper and and builds with throttle much healthier sounding than the muzzy I like the Sato racing system sound too but not the way it mounts to the 14. :rofl :rofl :rofl

See this post for pics of the Micron
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7715

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had a wide range of exhaust options to offer my customers, but chose to sell only those brands that were of the highest quality, with non-offensive levels of noise. Initally I selected Staintunes for my own ZZ-R1200, but after 2.5 years switched to a pair of Remus GP Titanium... purely for asthetic reasons mind you. I preferred angle of the Remus, as well as their phenomenal lightness.

For quality, Staintune and Remus must be the brands to beat...absolutely no compromise, anywhere. Dedicated units made for specific applications, proper mounting methods, one piece construction [ for other than titanium or CF versions]...none of that cheap, sliding ' one size fits all' straping most aftermarket makers supply.

My original 1999 ZX9R carried an Akaropovic full titanium system..nice but the silencer had one of those sliding straps that I detest so much.. sound quality was goo..just slightly louder than the Remus or Staintunes, which are only slightly louder than OE.

My present 9 is fitted with a Muzzy full stainless system..which is annoying loud...although I must confess, it sounds positively FIENDISH at 11,000+ revs. Eventually it will be replaced with Remus..

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
2 bros

1 - 20 of 44 Posts